cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Btsport jumps after rewind or forwarding

HI,

I have just subscribed to btsport and using the app on either my Samsung TV or a new Humax Aura recorder the video freezes for about 3 seconds before jumping forward. The audio is fine. Only happens after forwarding either a live stream or a catch up. Watching live works OK, so it is not my broadband. Happens on 2 devices so it is not them . Must be the BTsport App. Not what I pay £25 a month for.....

Anyone else experience this? Is there a solution or is it just a terrible app?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Btsport jumps after rewind or forwarding

Sorry, I'm not understanding your experience.
After forwarding or rewinding, it's going to take a few seconds to buffer again. What do you mean by jumping forward?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

The video just displays a stationary image every few seconds, so no video is played just a series of stills displayed every few seconds. This just continues, it doesn't "recover". 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hmmm. That's not something I've ever heard reported before. It's also really strange that you're seeing it on 2 different devices, as they're running completely different apps and operating systems.
Does it affect all content equally?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

It seems to be the case with everything I have tried to watch so far - But this is only the rugby so I can't say for anything else.  It is the  same for live streams as well as catch up.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

When you say live streams, I assume you mean during specific events? Not just when watching the live channels from the Channels menu?
Could you please try a short video to see if it's any different?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Yes I mean specific events.

It does seem to vary depending on the length of the replay.

For rugby highlights (about 15 minutes in length) it is fine I can forward and then play and the video is fine for the ones i have tried.

For extended highlights (about an hour or so) it is worse. Forwarding and then playing just freezes the picture. The audio plays fine.

For full match replays (of over 2 hours) it behaves as I originally mentioned, so plays series of still pictures every few seconds but the audio is again OK.

0 Ratings