cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Buffering BT Sport App

I've a Sony Android TV. My download data rate is around 52k according to my hub statistics. BT Sport Ultimate tends to buffer for short periods of time whereas Amazon Prime 4K/HDR (sport or films) and iPlayer (sport or programmes, for example the Sunday night Philip Pulman) in UHD do not. Does BT Sport Ultimate use a higher bitrate than these two services? If it does why if Prime and iPlayer are adequate in UHD?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Buffering BT Sport App

I'm really hoping your data rate isn't really 52k ... that wouldn't even get you the lowest quality stream nowadays.

I'll be the first to concede that Netflix are totally awesome with their player experience, and we can't get anywhere near the standard they set - they write all their own code right down at the lowest level to get the best possible experience out of the hardware.  We don't have the skills or resource to do that.

What I can say though, is that buffering of BT Sport on Android TV should normally be pretty good - the stats this end show a very good average across all devices.

Could you DM me with the BT ID you're logged into the app with, and I'll check the stats for your specific device and broadband.  One thing we do see on occasion is that a high error rate on a line can trick the player into offering a higher quality than it can realistically cope with.

Message 3 of 4

I did mean 50Mbps!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I have this issue too

i bought a new 65” Samsung tv with tizenOS that has BT sports app. 

4K buffers, I cancelled our 57mb broadband and moved to a new provider and speed test shows we have 650mb download and 15mb upload. The tv is connected to router via cat5 so no Wi-Fi coverage issues   

I hoped the new super fast 5G home broadband would fix this issue but it hasn’t done!

all other 4K streaming services are working perfect it’s just BT sports on the TV when using ultraHD is the problem. 

0 Ratings