cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SmellyPants
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 1

Bug with the Android App

I'm not sure whether this is an issue with the main BT Consumer Site (My BT) or the app itself but I think there is definitely an issue somewhere.

I use a Password Manager, to create separate log-ons for all websites which require them, for extra security I generally choose *very* long passwords. The main BT site quite happily accepted and worked with such a long password. However BT Sport on Android failed with the ID004 Error. This occurred in the middle of the night on two different devices. Resetting the password down to a much smaller value <20 characters allowed the login in to succeed.

I'm guessing but ...

1. The Main Website is good with long passwords or is it silently truncating them? (form code accepts <=50)
  2. BT Sport app is failing and should be supporting passwords up to 50 characters long.

Also could the usability of the sign up page be improved if there were some hint text/validators there to indicate what the maximum password size and expanded to state which non-alpahumeric characters are acceptable?

Error from the Android app on sign-in. 

Same on both Nexus 5 (Android 5.01)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (Android 4.1)

Tags (1)
0 Ratings