Message 11 of 15

Re: But tv app - record won’t work

Go to solution

@TALON1973 

So going through the steps you must do.

1. Download the app

2. Log in with your BT ID

3. Pair the app to the box

4. Goto Live TV in the app & full TV listings. Set the programme to record getting the Episode Sent message.

Within 15 minutes (typically) that should appear in your Scheduled Items, both on the app & on the box.

I've just done that from scratch and the programme is now scheduled.

Did you do all those steps?

Had you paired the app previously in which case you might need to go into the box & unpair that device from the box. I did have a problem when I upgraded my iPhone restoring everything from a backup of the old phone. The Youview app got rather confused and I had to unpair & re-pair to get it to work.

I've 2 boxes and use the Youview app & the TalkTalk TV app to control them. Didn't use the BT TV app as I've only just signed up to BT TV again recently.

TALON1973
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Problem solved. I’d forgotten my box was replaced due it it being faulty. Had to unpair and pair up again 🙈🙄

thewinelake
Beginner
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

This is very helpful, but I've been struggling to understand what remote record is supposed to be able to do!

Sure, I can use it in the house when on the same LAN, but does it also work when I'm out and about with only cellular data or some random wifi connection?

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

@thewinelake one you've paired your phone with your box (which needs to be done at home) you can then take your phone anywhere in the world and schedule recordings. E.g. you're on holiday and forgot to record EastEnders? No problem - set it up from the app and it'll be sent to your box within minutes.

thewinelake
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks - yes you're right, but I was confused that it seemed to take a few minutes for the recording command to be registered. I presume that's because when the box is sleeping it doesn't poll the BT server that often (to save on power and bandwidth).

I also got lucky that I'd not selected the energy saver mode!

I'm very impressed with this device - nearly as good as Sky (which is meant as a compliment)

0 Ratings