cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

By sport casting error

I keep getting an error on my phone VC522 and CC_N11 on the tv. Reset everything and reinstalled the app but nothings worked. Anyone help ? 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: By sport casting error

I am getting the exact same error, but attempting to cast from my Ipad which was working fine last night watching, but now tonight i'm getting those errors, and there isn't much hope when searching on BT's own error page doesn't bring anything up for those 2 error codes. so there is obviously a glitch in their system.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

What Chromecast device are you guys using? We're currently investigating an issue with casting to Android TVs. If you have an Android TV, we recommend you install the BT Sport app on it - you'll get a much better experience.
If it's not an Android TV, please let me know which model of Chromecast you're experiencing this on.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

I'm just using my Ipad as i have always done, when i open the BTsport app in my Ipad, i click on the cast button in the top right of my Ipad screen, my Sony TV then displays a BTsport logo and then i click on the BTsport channel on my Ipad and that then casts/displays on my TV.

But when trying that tonight all i got was those errors.  As mentioned it was fine last night casting/watching the Juventus game on my TV.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

OK @Juvedav - so your Sony TV is a full-blown Android TV, and is capable of running the BT Sport app directly on it. I recommend you use (install from the Play Store) this rather than casting from your iPad, as it'll give a better experience.
We understand that everything was working OK before - it looks like Google may be rolling out a firmware update that breaks BT Sport. We're trying to find if there's anything we can do to work around it.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Thank you i have installed the BTsport app on my sony tv and have now logged in, that's great.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

I’m using a song tv however I can’t get it to work on the app for the tv as my subscription is through my phone provider 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

@Thenumpty if your subscription is mobile-only then neither Chromecast nor the app will work for you. You'll need to watch on your mobile.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Can’t be mobile only as I’ve always casted to the tv. I don’t seem to be able to log in on my iPad though only my phone 🤷‍♂️

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Sounds like you have the large-screen add-on for your mobile subscription @Thenumpty ... this should allow you to log into the app on your Sony TV. What error do you see when you try?
Also, all subscriptions are able to log into the iPad - mobile only or not.
0 Ratings