cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pkobry1
Message 1 of 3

Can anyone from BT give me a straight answer ??

I am completely confused by BT and cannot find an answer on any of the help pages or actually find a human being to speak to

I am a BT broadband customer who in June 2013 signed upto BT Vision through a Youview box

All of the BT adverts say BT Sports channels are free to broadband customers but I cannot see how to get access to them

A BT Sport has appeared on Channel 57 of my Freeview guide but does not transmit anything it seems

I have tried "activating" BT Sport on BT.com/mybt but received a message saying that I am not in an Infinity area - but I didn't think I had to be ?

Can anyone advise a very confused person please ?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can anyone from BT give me a straight answer ??

You won't get a 'straight answer' or any answer from a member of BT staff here - this is a peer to peer forum.

However if you are prepared to take an answer from us, unfortunately with a Youview box you can only receive BT Sport if you have an Infinity Internet connection.

A few people who are on Infinity exchanges but who cannot get a Fibre connection for some reason may be able to get BT sport through a copper connection, but this is the exception, not the rule.

So you will have to wait until your exchange has Infinity enabled. In the meantime you can watch via a PC, tablet or Smart Phone (which you could connect to a TV) albeit possibly at a lower quality.

0 Ratings
RJ414i
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can anyone from BT give me a straight answer ??

Or with a Sky box and a Freesat from Sky Card.

When I ordered in May I was told the channels would be on Youview but with not having infinity around here yet I would have been 'misled' and very dissapointed.

0 Ratings