cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Can no longer watch BT Sport on LG WebOS

Logged into BT Sport tonight on my 55C9PLA and getting the "Sorry this video is not available on your browser". It has played BT Sport seamlessly including UHD feed for months now. Anyone else getting this issue? 

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Can no longer watch BT Sport on LG WebOS

Probably just responded to your message on the LG C9 owners thread on avforums!

I’ve never tried watching through the browser on WebOS, but airplay is no longer working on the LG C9. Not sure it have ever worked well, but I have only had the TV a few weeks. 

Running latest firmware on TV and BT Sport app all up to date. 

Airplay failed from multiple ios devices and I had a friend try their account, which also failed. 

chromecast works, but would rather not have to connect it back to the TV. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Would be good to know if this is a problem with airplay or just the LG implementation of airplay.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Airplay works fine for everything other than BT Sports. Which makes me think they and LG need to speak. The web browser was fantastic at playing BT Sports. UHD when available and HDR when available. Gutted its stopped working. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

I have exactly the same problem. Any progress on this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 11

The same issue here, is there been a resolution?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

No although I have ruled out LG software update now as a friend had the same TV and the previous software version and he tried logging in with my account details and gets the same error codes. I'm now wondering if BT Sport have done something to stop it playing on TVs other than Samsung?? If they have I hope they can fix this ASAP as I'm a paying customer but their service no longer works. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 11

Exactly the same issue. No response from BT yet?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

With this BT Sport Ultimate I'm even more convinced this is something BT Sport has purposely done. It pretty underhanded IMO. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Spoke to BT tech support today and they first tried to blame it on LG then admitted its BT Sport that has changed something so it doesn't play on smart TV browsers. So if you want to watch it its time for Apple TV or Android box. I picked up a Apple TV 4K and the BT Sport Ultimate coverage of rugby earlier was incredible in quality. I still think its out of order as a lot of people won't be able to afford a Apple TV box or Android box. 

0 Ratings