Did you mean: 
Highlighted
thegrail
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Can't access BT Sport via PC

Go to solution

Dear BT,

I've tried twice now to resolve this via a phone call to BT - both times I got transferred to someone who could supposedly help, but the line went dead. I've also tried via email, which is supposed to get a 24 our response, but so far nothing. I have BT telephone for the past year + BT Unlimited Broadband (ADSL) for the past 3 months.

I tried accessing the BT Sport live streams (via sport.bt.com), but when I try I get an error message "You do not have BT Sport on this account yet. If you have recently ordered BT Sport, please allow at least 15 minutes for us to update your account. If you haven't ordered BT Sport yet, find out how to get it below.".

I then found I needed to have the BT Sport ordered, but when I try to put the order in it comes back with "You don't have BT Broadband on this account. If you're a BT Broadband customer please check the account or login details you provided." 

Well I do have a BT Broadband account and when I spoke to BT personnel they said it looks like there is still an order in progress for my account that has not completed and this is causing the problem. Unfortunately I can't seem to get to anyone to clear this order that doesn't exist.

Can anyone from BT please help me? I'd really like to watch BT Sport (it was one of the reasons I switched from O2 to BT rather than going to Plusnet). I'm fedup waiting on hold (or getting a callback after an hour), then speaking to someone for up to an hour and then losing the call.

Thanks in advance...

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can't access BT Sport via PC

Go to solution
What does your account say if you login to MYBT?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
I had this problem and had to go into MYBT and under Extras you have to order. It's free and within 10 minutes I got sports
thegrail
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks - MyBT says - My Phone has Unlimitted Weekend Calls (but it should say Unlimitted Anytime) - maybe be this is part of the problem. My Broadband says Unlimited Broadband. Do you need anything else?

0 Ratings
thegrail
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks - I click on "Activate BT Sport" go to the next screen and click "Get the App and Online Player"; confirm my account; and then it comes up with  "checking details" and then "You don't have BT Broadband on this account. If you're a BT Broadband customer please check the account or login details you provided.".

0 Ratings
thegrail
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Well after several hours listening to Mozart in BT Call Centre queues the problem has been resolved. The only problem is I am not sure how it happened!

I explained my problem to several different call centre staff who just got me to repeat the standard method - trying to activate my BT Sport via the web but with no success.

In the end I think one of the call centre people put in a manual order for BT Sport on my account and a little later I got an email from BT saying I had placed the order after which I could then watch BT Sport. On MyBT it now shows "I am ready to watch BT Sport".

Well I say I could watch it - I then started getting the 6025 error messages and went through the deinstall and reinstall of Silverlight which allowed me to watch BT Sport 1 once, but never again - but that is another story!

0 Ratings
tonyfisher
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
the call centre queues are a joke. I joined one last night and was told that the average wait time was 14mins this quickly increased to 17 mins. My wait time started at 14 mins, went down to 7 mins and then back up to 14 mins. Bt really ought to get a grip of their softies.
0 Ratings