Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Can't log in on Chrome - error message WJ900 but does work on IE

Hello

I don't use IE at all so using it long-term just for BT Sport is not a real solution. Can someone tell me why I am getting this error message (it just says login failed and gives me no more info)? I have seen on other posts mention of going onto your phone and looking for the number of devices but I also don't seem to have a manage my devices or similarly worded thing on the settings tab on my phone - help seemed the most likely but that also did not work. My phone is an Iphone also. 

Thanks for any help given!!!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Can't log in on Chrome - error message WJ900 but does work on IE

Hey @sjp15991 . WJ900 is a catch all meaning that we couldn't log you in, but don't specifically know why.

The most common cause of this is cookies - if you clear your cookies in Chrome, this will usually resolve the issue.

Deleting registered devices won't help, so I definitely don't recommend that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Ah you are right, so I did that and it worked last night but then after about 24 hours of me using my computer again it has now stopped working again. Surely I don't have to clear them every time I use the player!?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 4 of 9

Unfortunately @sjp15991 we've discovered that some parts of bt.com are setting very large cookies which break the BT TV player.  We're trying to find a solution for this, but in the meantime I'm afraid you're going to need to clear your cookies each time it happens. Sorry about that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

I've actually now reset cleared my cookies and it is still not working! I was hoping to watch the football in 45 mins!

Is there a solution planned for the cookies issue long term?

and do you have a solution for my immediate login problem? (I am still getting the same code after following instructions here - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en)

Please help ASAP

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

I should say that it also does not work on IE either anymore, and I have cleared all the history there as well.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 7 of 9

WJ900 is a BT TV error, but your account only shows as having a BT Sport subscription. Try the BT Sport player at www.bt.com/sport/watch/ and you should find it'll work OK.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Excellent thank you, I had no idea this existed, is this gonna solve the long term cookies problem as well?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 9 of 9

There is no cookies problem for BT Sport. I'm not sure why I hadn't picked up on your lack of TV subscription before - I just saw WJ900 and responded with the answer to that. 🤦‍

0 Ratings