Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Woodford
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Can't log-in to BT Sport on my new Asus tablet

Go to solution

I would really be grateful for some help.  I've spent 2 days trying to get into BT Sport on my new Asus Transformer Tablet without success.  Can't work out ehy.

I visited the Google Playstore and downloaded the app.  This now shows in the list of my apps so I believe that it's there and in working order.  When I click on the app it asks me to sign in with my username and password.  When I try to enter my username as somebody@btinternet.com, it won't allow me to complete the typing.  Immediately I try to enter the @ sign, automatic entry puts Stonehenge@ and that's as far as I can go.  My belief is that it doesn't accept the sign.

To try and resolve this I've tried to check my normal BT log-in details which comprise my email and a password and these work fine on my desktop, mobile 'phone and laptop.  I thought that perhaps the Asus wanted something unique so I've tried repeatedly to change the password but no variations work.  At one stage I did get a message which said that I had 2 versions of usernames and indeed one of these did not have the @ included and this was set up 10 years ago.  I then tried to log in with that username but then my password wouldn't work so I'm wondering if I need to put in the orginal password used in 2005.  If that's the case then I have no recollection of what that was.  BT won't allow me to alter the current password since I can't put in the old one.

It's just a frustrating loop.  Does anyone have any idea how to solve the problem?  I should say that my Asus is version4.4.2 which should run the BT Sport app I understand.

Help!

Steve

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't log-in to BT Sport on my new Asus tablet

Go to solution
What account is BT sport signed up to? Try those details by using a username and password or e-mail and password

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I believe you need to use the same username (BT ID) for BT Sport  that My BT expects when you log in to your account details.

There is a link to changing your BT ID password at

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14381/~/i%E2%80%99ve-forgotten-my-password-for-my-bt-...

there is also a link to enable you to be reminded of your BT iD

0 Ratings
chime
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I have a TF701 and have turned off auto complete as I found it insisted on entering text I didn't want.

The setting I changed is under Asus keyboard, Advanced settings, Next word prediction.

Might be worth a try.

BT Sport works fine on it with same Android version as yours. Great for sending to a Chromecast.

Highlighted
Woodford
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

This was indeed the issue.  When I had been trying to type in my correct Username the Asus wouldn't let me do it.  I got over the problem by entering my Username as far as it would let me and then adding the partial name to the Dictionary.  After that I added a bit more and so on until it did accept my details.  When I think back the solution should have been obvious but as I said in my original post I'm not exactly bright when it comes to technology.

Anyway all is now solved.  Grateful for all the suggestions.

0 Ratings