Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

Can't log in to BT Sports app on Firestick

Go to solution

Hi,

I am unable to log in to the BT Sports app on Firestick. My log-in works fine in Chrome on Mac OS and in the iPhone and iPad apps, but when I try to log in on the Firestick app with the same credentials, I get the following error:

Sorry – you've entered the wrong details

Sorry there's been a problem logging in, please try again.

ZJ931

I've tried over and over again and it never works. I also changed my password, but this made no difference. I'd appreciate any help with this.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Message 2 of 20

Re: Can't log in to BT Sports app on Firestick

Go to solution

Hi @vernonrobert, As far as I'm aware the BT Sport app has not been made available for that device. Did you sideload the app from an APK file?

If you have the large-screen version of the app it can be used on the following devices.

• Android
  • Apple TV - 4th generation and above
  • Chromecast
  • iOS
  • PS4 and PS4 Pro
  • Samsung Smart TV - 2015 models or newer
  • Web - Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Edge and Firefox
  • Windows
  • Xbox One, Xbox One S and Xbox One X
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

If you're a BT TV customer and have BT App extra has part of your package, that is officially available on Firestick. If you've side loaded it, it may not work any longer after the App was updated

Highlighted
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

@vernonrobertwrote:

Hi,

I am unable to log in to the BT Sports app on Firestick. My log-in works fine in Chrome on Mac OS and in the iPhone and iPad apps, but when I try to log in on the Firestick app with the same credentials, I get the following error:

Sorry – you've entered the wrong details

Sorry there's been a problem logging in, please try again.

ZJ931

I've tried over and over again and it never works. I also changed my password, but this made no difference. I'd appreciate any help with this.

The BT TV app is free to anyone with a BT TV contract, is available from the official Amazon app store and, with the new flexible packages, you can view whatever channels you're subscribed to including the sport cannels.

I don't know if the same is true of the classic package but logically I don't see why not

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply. The BT Sport app is available for Firestick. I downloaded it from the official Amazon store on the Firestick. The problem is I can't log in to it. Is this a problem with my account that could be fixed? As I said, I am able to log in to the apps on all the other devices that I've tried.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

@vernonrobertwrote:

Thanks for your reply. The BT Sport app is available for Firestick. I downloaded it from the official Amazon store on the Firestick. The problem is I can't log in to it. Is this a problem with my account that could be fixed? As I said, I am able to log in to the apps on all the other devices that I've tried.

I beg to differ, I've just had a look on the Amazon app store and the Sport app is not on there.

I suggest you uninstall the sport app and download the BT TV app instead (which is on the Amazon store), it does the same job and is the better of the two if you want to change your package at any time as you can get all of the BT subscription channels on it, if you want to change your package at any time

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

Sorry, yes, you're right – the app I downloaded is BT TV, not BT Sports. So it's the BT TV app that I can't log in to. I have an active BT Sport Monthly Pass. I guess this only works on the BT Sports app, not on BT TV?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

Sorry, I don't know

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @vernonrobert 

BT Sport and BT TV apps are different apps.

So without a BT TV subscription your attempt to log on to the BT Tv app will not work.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks for the info, @zulu17 . Hopefully there'll be a BT Sport app for Firestick at some point as it'd be much better to watch on a TV.

0 Ratings