cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Can't purchase Fury v Whyte

Go to solution

I'm trying to purchase the Fury v Whyte fight for Saturday on BT Box Office channel 494 but keep getting error code IPC6001.

The screen says

"There's a problem with your broadband which is affecting BT Sport Box Office. Check the connection between your box and router, then restart the router IPC6001."

I've checked my connection and restarted my router as asked but still can't get anywhere.

I've also gone into my settings and made sure that my software/apps are up to date but I still can't purchase the fight. All my other BT Sport channels are working fine so it's not an internet issue. I just can't get anywhere with the box office channel.

I tried BT message help but was left waiting so long I had to give up and go to bed only to wake up this morning to a text message with a pin code from BT. I have never been prompted to use a pin code so I have no idea where I'm supposed to use it. I just want to purchase the fight so can anyone assist please?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Can't purchase Fury v Whyte

Go to solution

IPC6001 is a strange one to see - it means that the box failed to find a subscription associated with your broadband line.  If you're seeing it on the Box Office channel then I would also have expected the BT Sport channels to fail with the same error.

Checking for software updates is usually the correct way to force it to re-check the config, but you've already done that, so no good. Might also be worth a try rebooting the box, just in case.

What if you launch the BT Player on the box?  Does that work?  If it does, then you can buy the event in there too.

Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Ok thanks, 

I’m not at home at the moment so can’t try that until later. But I’ll give it a go when I can.

Judging by some other threads it seems like BT are making it difficult for quite a few people to buy this fight. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution
The only thing that has changed for this event is how it can be purchased on the Sky platform. Everything else is the same as it's been for a long time.
Bear in mind that for every person who posts on here with an issue, there's probably 1000+ people who don't have any issues.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Fair point. I’ve just taken a look at my post history and can see that I posted about having the exact same error code for Fury v Wilder. I did eventually manage to buy that fight but I can’t remember what (if anything) I did to resolve the issue. I’m hoping it’ll just come good.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Getting the same message come up on mine wen trying to buy fury v white. So frustrating I now all my connections are all connected ok.   Ipc6023. Is the error no that’s kps coming up. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Yep. I was on to technical support last night who seemed to think it was a broadband problem and very kindly arranged an openreach engineer to come first thing this morning.

Unfortunately the openreach guy said there was absolutely nothing wrong with my broadband and that he couldn't explain why I was unable to access this one single channel BT Box Office channel 494 when all my other internet channels are working fine.

I got back onto BT technical help to see if they have any other ideas but they were baffled. My software is up to date but my box is pretty old so they're sending me out a new one but that won't reach me until next week and still may not resolve the issue.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Did you try launching and purchasing within the BT Player on the box?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution
it was from my bt box. Thanks tho
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

To be honest I’m not sure what you mean when you say box. My only box is one of the old youview boxes. That’s how I get my bt tv. Is there a section or menu where I can find the bt player on my tv as I only ever access bt sports via the sports channels. I guess I could access the bt player on my computer and try ordering there, but I’ve no idea how to access the bt player on my tv.

0 Ratings