Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
want_to_record
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

Can't record, pause or rewind

Go to solution

Why am I the only person who cant record, pause or rewind any Internet channel on the YouView box? I get messages saying "sorry, you cant record an Internet channel". I've made a complaint, BT said I should reset my updates, that didn't work, then they tell me I cant do it because of an issue between BT and YouView!!

To make matters worse, BT are rubbish at making things available on demand so if I miss a rugby game I have to wait days and days to see if I'm lucky and BT have decided to put the game onto demand. If they do, they put on the shortest version possible, no analysis, pre/post match talk or half time review.

Get it together and sort it out or replace my YouView box with something else that works. you can record, pause and rewind BT SPORT on Sky and Virgin.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
MartinH
Expert
Message 2 of 17

Re: Can't record, pause or rewind

Go to solution

@want_to_record wrote:

Why am I the only person who cant record, pause or rewind any Internet channel on the YouView box? I get messages saying "sorry, you cant record an Internet channel". I've made a complaint, BT said I should reset my updates, that didn't work, then they tell me I cant do it because of an issue between BT and YouView!!

To make matters worse, BT are rubbish at making things available on demand so if I miss a rugby game I have to wait days and days to see if I'm lucky and BT have decided to put the game onto demand. If they do, they put on the shortest version possible, no analysis, pre/post match talk or half time review.

Get it together and sort it out or replace my YouView box with something else that works. you can record, pause and rewind BT SPORT on Sky and Virgin.

This will be enabled later this autumn via a software update.  The limitation is stated on all BT ordering and TV pages.

0 Ratings
B_b13
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution
Bt state this limitation is on all ordering and TV pages - even their own technical team are not sure about this. Some say I should be able to, finally it was confirmed you can't yet when I asked Before ordering, I was told it was possible! Very annoying
0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Actually Martin they say "YouView customers with BT Infinity will not be able to pause, rewind or record the BT Sport or Extra TV Channels. This functionality will be available within a few weeks of the launch of BT Sport."

A deadline that has long passed

0 Ratings
davyl23
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

From BT Vision web page        http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/tv

YouView from BT

YouView is a joint venture by some of the UK's biggest names in TV and broadband – including BT. YouView lets you pause, record and rewind your favourite shows and store up to 300 hours of playback. You can also Scrollback to catch up TV from the last 7 days, and get access to a world of on demand players including BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD, Demand 5, milkshake, UKTV and STV Player (Scotland only). BT has the largest video on demand library with over 12,000 shows and music videos.

Note: YouView customers with BT Infinity will not be able to pause, rewind or record the BT Sport or Extra TV Channels. This functionality will be available within a few weeks of the launch of BT Sport.

Cannot see any mention of Autumn, re recording aviability. 

0 Ratings
jethro
Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Totally confused by BT Sport - YouView - BT Vision 

I have recently acquired BT YouView box with BT Vision Unlimited - long term BT Broadband customer( not BT Infinity) - signed up for BT Sport pre - 1 Aug

I cancelled Sky recently but I can see BT Sport via Sky free-to-air but obviously cannot record now.

I can watch BT Sport live on PC and Android 10" but for later viewing they only provide very short highlight- there is no record capaility

I cannot see BT Sport channels on my YouView guide

In the BT Vision area ( purple button on remote ) the help for BT Sport  shows BT Sport/ESPN being available on channels 507-512 - I cannot see these channels in the YouView programme guide.

I  can see some Aviva Premiership Rugby games in the BT Vision ( ie the on demand area ) but when I try to watch it says I must sign-up for BT Sport on bt.com but I am already signed up for BT Sport

In summary I can watch live Premiership Rugby but the question is how do I record full matches for later viewing?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Hi jethro,

I'll answer the youview part & let others address any sky options,

The Bt sport on Youview is delivered over broadband by Infinity only. So currently no Infinity (multicast) then no  BT Sport or BT Extra channells on Youview. You only get the BT sport on demand/catchup on Youview if you have a BT sport subscription for that TV product (ie Youview). So to watch Bt Sport on Youview you would need to take up Infinity if that is an option for your location. Currently Youview does not provide recording option of broadband channels but that is anticipated to be availablle in an autumn update. 

0 Ratings
jethro
Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

zulu17

thanks - Sky is not an option for recording as that went when I closed my Sky account - fed up with paying Murdoch - so just FTA content.

No infinity yet - and not imminent as right on edge of area of enabled exchange - current speed about 1-1.5Mb

On demand is the alternative to recording 

I can see the BT Sport content in the BT Vision On-Demand library but actually can't play it - presumably this is because I don't have Infinity. However not sure why Infinity is required for On Demand - just about understand requirement for live - ie multicast - BBC iPlayer delivers on demand without Infinity.

Somebody mentioned changing to a BT Vision+ box which can take a viewing card for BT Sport but not sure what I might lose from YouView etc - might have to ask BT

Feel a bit let down by BT particularly as I used to work for them!

0 Ratings
jethro
Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution
Just spoke to BT - only real option for recording BT Sport is to change to BT Vision+ box - downside is no 7-day YouView scrollback and no HD for BT Sport -and £25 extra ! Apparently plan is to converge at some point in future but not holding breath!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

The following question was asked on twitter to @BTsport

1. @BTSport hi any update on recording #ufc with a you view box? 

& the response was:

2. We're aiming towards late autumn.

11:16 AM - 4 Oct 13

0 Ratings