cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red2
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Can’t stream BT Sport app to Apple TV via Airplay

I have BT broadband plus BT Sport which I normally watch via Sky or using the BT sport app on iPad or iPhone. All ok.

Having  forgotten to record a football match, thought I would stream from BT Sport app catch up on the iPad to large tv via latest generation Apple TV. Oh dear. 

BT Sport app streams ok, ( no option for standard/ enhanced) , AirPlay icon is there and clicking it shows options including the Apple TV. Ok so far but then click on the Apple TV and TV screen goes black for a nanosecond and Airplay selection shows it has reverted to host iOS device.

Screen mirroring is not enabled, all are Apple 2018 devices and have iOS 12 software bang up to date and it is only the BT Sport app that has any Airplay problems. Have even tried two different  Apple TVs, same issue.

Deleted and reloaded BT app on 3 different iPhones and iPads , no joy, same issue.

Repeatedly selecting the Apple TV icon eventually produced ( on only one occasion ) a clear frozen picture. The app then froze and caused the picture to flicker before closed the app.

Tried online chat help. They couldn’t help but confirmed my package should allow airplay streaming. Hit the metaphorical brick wall.

If anyone has experienced similar and knows of a solution, I would be very grateful! Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
NextGenG
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can’t stream BT Sport app to Apple TV via Airplay

.Just a thought but do you have BT Tv App extra on your package? Large screen viewing is an upgrade from the standard digital app.

0 Ratings
Red2
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Online chat told me my package included for streaming....but to be honest, the online chat was only repeating verbatim what I could read on the website. My package doesn’t offer any large tv upgrade BUT a google search revealed a BT announcement (page updated 15th Feb) of an app for Apple TV...”BT Sport is now available to watch in more ways than ever before thanks to the introduction of a new large screen app available on Xbox, Samsung Smart TVs and Apple TV.”

Going to check the Apple TV tomorrow to see if there is now a BT Sport app available and whether it works. Will report back.....thanks for your response...keeping fingers crossed there is potentially a new solution.

0 Ratings
Red2
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

BT Sport app for Apple TV installed from Apple TV App Store. Works perfectly, appears to give extra channels compared to Sky but no catch up He, that is evidently coming later in the year.

Strangely, as long as the Apple TV app is on, I can stream selected catch up via to Apple TV using the iPad small screen app. No idea what is going on but at least there is a temporary workaround until the fully featured Apple TV app is rolled out.

0 Ratings