cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Can you get BT Sport in Guernsey

Go to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to get BT sport added to my Sky + in Guernsey (ideally to watch tonights Champion's League Game).

I've tried buying it through the website but when I put in my postcode I don't get any addresses presented to me. 

I've spoken to someone on Live Chat, who put me through to someone else, who put me through to someone else, who put me through to their line manager, who told me to phone the 0800 no.

I've then spoken to the main support number and was informed that my post code won't work and when they tried to manually input my address "the system" couldn't find it. He then told me that I wouldn't be able to get BT Sport in Guernsey as the subscription BT charges includes VAT and there is no VAT in Guernsey.

I know other people in Guernsey who have BT sport on their Sky package and the island is only 6x4 miles, so just wanted to check in these forums if what I am being told is correct.

Can anyone please advise or help me who I need to speak to in BT to get this added? I simply don't beleive that it's not possible!

Thanks in advance for any replies!! 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: Can you get BT Sport in Guernsey

Go to solution

I suspect the issue is probably the quality of the postcode data . I will ask the moderators to advise.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Fatherofumaandesha

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having placing an order for BT Sport. Send us over your details and we will try and get this up and running for you for the match tonight.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks everyone.

Hi RobbieMac, I've used the contact the mods link to provide further details and am grateful for your assistance.

Cheers

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@Fatherofumaandesha Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Fatherofumaandesha

Thanks for sending over your details. @JohnC2 has ordered BT Sport for you now and it should be working.  Can you post back and let us know please? Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you very much for your prompt service - really appreciated.

I'll check whether it's all working when I get home tonight and will reply asap.

(Is it possible to check whether my order was for the HD Sports package?)

Cheers

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hey @Fatherofumaandesha

Great, let us know as it should be all working (HD included).

I'll be taking a great interest in the match also. Tough game but lets hope we get the result we want Smiley Wink

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Good morning RobbieMac,

Thank you so much for getting BT Sport via the Sky box.

The SD channels are working fine (used them to watcht the game last night Smiley Very Happy), but couldn't view the HD ones. Not sure if this has to do with my subscription, as the confirmation e-mail I received yesterday only made reference to the SD channels.

Would be grateful if you could revert please (ideally I'm looking for the 12 month HD package).

Many thanks,

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Fatherofumaandesha Thanks for checking that and posting back. I have ordered the HD pack now for you and that will be up and running this afternoon. Please can you check all is working OK when you get home and post back to let me know and also if I can close your case now?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings