cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TractorGirl327
Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: Can you get BT Sport on the vision+ box if you use powerline adapters?

Go to solution
Yes, have Infinity. I have ordered BT sport, we can view it online and on my iPad. Do I need to order it again for Infinity? If so I'll do that this evening.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TractorGirl327

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

@TractorGirl327 wrote:

Are you on Infinity or normal broadband?  Infinity

Is your box running the Classic or New Look software?  New look 

Do channels 58-59 or channels 507-512 appear in the channel list (Guide > Yellow)? look58-59

Ok, so that all implies you are running the New Look standard software (C).

But to double check, have a look at Help & Settings > Settings > System Information > Middleware Version.

If on (C) it should say '512 Build' or '256 Build'.

If on (D) it should say '512-multicast Build' or '256-multicast Build'.

See this post for New Look software versions information.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

@TractorGirl327 wrote:
Yes, have Infinity. I have ordered BT sport, we can view it online and on my iPad. Do I need to order it again for Infinity? If so I'll do that this evening.

Yes, as zulu17 said, you need to order a subscription to the BT Sport pack on BTTV. Just activating it for web/app access is not enough. The order of things would normally be as follows.

(a)  You order a subscription to the BT Sport pack add-on for your current BTTV package.

You can either do this over the phone or using the BT web site.

Note that the SD version is free but the HD version is £3 extra.

Note that in order to get BT Sport free on BTTV you must agree to commit to using BT phone/broadband for the next 12 months. That is what BT get out of the deal.

Note that for BT Sport over Infinity you definitely don't need a viewing card.

If ordering over the phone then they will probably ask if you are using the powerline adapters. You can at that point ask them to send the free 10m ethernet cable if you don't already have it (as others have said you might not necessarily end up having to use it).

(b)  They send you an order confirmation email.

This should give an activation date and also give the details about committing to BT phone/broadband for 12 months.

(c)  They update your account details to indicate delivery of BT Sport over Infinity.

This should trigger the automatic sending of the multicast software upgrade to your box.

Once that is installed it is easy to see if they have correctly set up your channel entitlements.

All going well the box should synchronise with the multicast server and you can watch/record BT Sport channels over Infinity.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

One other thing. Be aware that when any current discounts you are on for your phone/broadband come to an end then you will be moved to normal full prices for those for the remainder of the new 12 month tie-in. It may be possible to discuss starting a new 12 month discounted deal with them at that point, but I'm not sure about that.

TractorGirl327
Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Oh!!

Left the TV on channel 3 when I went out to take my daughter to school

Got back .. the menu screen is on, and it's showing channel 1

Checked the TV guide ... BT sport programmes are there in the 500's and are working , even with Powerline adapters

RESULT!!

Thank you UMPIRE for your help Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TractorGirl327

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Bingo! Not bad for free. Smiley Happy

It sounds as though the powerline adapters are providing an adequate speed in your set up. Obviously you will need to see how it goes over the next few days. Hopefully you will not get any drop outs or picture break up. A single broadband SD channel requires about 3Mbps, so if watching one and recording another (or recording two at the same time) the box will be using about 6Mbps. The BTHomeHub should fence off this requirement as needed using a technology called Quality of Service (QoS), so hopefully using a PC or other broadband connected device at the same time shouldn't affect the TV pictures.

Now for a bonus that should allow you to give it an even tougher test. Try channels 101 - 104. They are the Public Service Broadcast HD (PSB HD) channels and I think BT should also have given you access to them for free. As HD channels they require about 7.5Mbps per channel.

To check which channels BT have set you up for look at the following.

Help & Settings > Settings > Entitlement Information

To check the version of the software you are now running see.

Help & Settings > Settings > System Information > BT Vision Release

Help & Settings > Settings > System Information > Middleware Version

0 Ratings