cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Cancel BT Sport before contract end

Tried to switch packages from Sport to entertainment but system stated this would start a new 24 month contract. Phoned BT , usual situation where they are more concerned in trying to sell me new packages and new contract but basically they told me I cant do what I want to as I am too near the end of my contract( 51 days). He said I should wait until 20 June which is 30 days before contract ends and then ask to cancel Sport, otherwise I will get a penalty.

Can someone confirm that if I cancel within 30 days of contract ending, I will avoid penalty and not have to pay for last month?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cancel BT Sport before contract end

I have now ascertained that because I am in my ' re-contracting period' the option to swap packages is not given without renewing for 24 months. In effect this reduces your flexibility to 21 months only. I doubt this is legal and BT would have to back down if challenged but.........

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cancel BT Sport before contract end

Hi @homerhotspur,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you haven't been able to change your TV Package. If you are on one of our Flexible TV Packages you can change to another one every 30 days during your 24-month contract.

If you send me your details, I can take a look at this for you. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy