cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Cancel Big Sport,take out BT sport 1,2,3,4.OUT of contract.

Go to solution

Hi everyone.

Looking to see if anyone can give me a definitive answer.

Went through a  messy few days recently.I'm out of contact ( fibre halo 1 )During the mess that happened when i tried to avoid the price increase on 31/3/23,i was put on full fibre halo 3,but i said that  i didn't want it at the moment,i have my reasons.During all that happened my big sport was cancelled,somehow i now have everything back to the way it was,Fibre & halo 1  & big sport is also back.

When big sport was cancelled it prompted me to take a look at it & i've realised that i can do without a lot of what is on there.I'm thinking that i might go on to BT sport 1-2-3 & 4  & cancel big sport.

However i noticed that if i do that & take out bt sport 1.2,3 ,4 .It means my contact will renew for 24 months,i don't have a problem with that if my fibre halo1 is re-contracted but i would have a problem if i had to go on full fibre halo  3.

After my recent experience i'm hoping someone may know for certain what the situation is regarding re-contracting,before i  get in touch with BT again.My understanding is that fibre halo 1 is no longer being offered to new customers.I stand to be corrected.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cancel Big Sport,take out BT sport 1,2,3,4.OUT of contract.

Go to solution

@Cliffwrote:

However i noticed that if i do that & take out bt sport 1.2,3 ,4 .It means my contact will renew for 24 months,i don't have a problem with that if my fibre halo1 is re-contracted but i would have a problem if i had to go on full fibre halo  3.

If during the order journey you only change the BT TV package, the BB will renew for 24 months on the same promotion and price you have when the BTTV change is done, this applies to any BB package.

Although if I had the option of full fibre, I'd take it to get faster than my FTTC but that's my preference, I'm sure you have your own reasons 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks for your reply,i'll contact BT & confirm what happens.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Richie

I contacted BT & explained what i wanted to do,the young lady i  was talking to was really on the ball.I explained that i wanted to remain on fibre  halo1 & the problems i had about  aweek ago.She cancelled Big sport  put me on BT SPORT & she kept me on the rolling out of contact broadband  fibre halo 1 saying it might create a problem if she tried to renew on a new contract for  halo 1 because it isn't being offered now ..I've had a couple of emails confirming & everything in MYBT has been updated so it seems to have gone through ok.I'll get on the tv now & check if it's all working there.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Glad to hear you got the result you wanted 🙂

0 Ratings