cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 19

Re: Cancelling BT Sport

"You will be free not to pay the £3 and there not get the HD version at the end of the 12 months."

That is what I hoped but not what the sales man told me. I still can't see why I need to have sport if I recontract even if it is free as I don't want it anyway.

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 12 of 19

@Bob1001 wrote:

"You will be free not to pay the £3 and there not get the HD version at the end of the 12 months."

That is what I hoped but not what the sales man told me. I still can't see why I need to have sport if I recontract even if it is free as I don't want it anyway.

Access is included in every BB contract, they can't diable access on a per customer basis. No-one will come round and force you to watch it.

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 19

Not Can't, Won't

But they will be able to at the end of 12 months ???

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 19

The bt sports pack is free its the addition of hd that costs the £3pm. Your package when renewed will still have bt sports just cannot receive in hd if you elect not to renew the hd part

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 19

Thanks, I will try again to get a recontract without the Sport HD bit.

0 Ratings
peterwt
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 19

I phoned BT a couple of weeks ago to get BT Sport on Sky SD (I don't have HD). I was not asked to take out a new contract. I have just checked with BT and the end date of my Broadband contract is 3/10/2013 - so I have left than 12 months remaining. The letter I received confirming BT Sports states it is free as long as I have a BT Broadband contract. I have just received my latest BT bill and this shows a charge of £13.94 for BT Sports at £12 a month and a credit of £13.94 for "BT Sport dependent customers" - making it free.

Peter
0 Ratings
jgj41
Message 17 of 19

I've just had an ongoing run-in with BT over the loss of my special offer discount of £5.65 pm, having signed up for BT sport a month before my old contract ended. My contract ran on for for the first month with the discount and then this disappeared. I have queried it for four successive months with BT and each time been given the discount and been promised that the error would be corrected. In month 5, when I had to query it again, I was told that all previous credits were incorrect and that my discount should have fallen off after one month. I feel that the original adverts were misleading which led me to believe that my contract terms would continue as before if I signed up for a further 12 months. It appears that this is not what the detailed contract terms (issued after order placing) say. Not great customer relations when the objective of signing up people free with BT sport is to encourage more BT users rather than to make them feel disaffected. Feels like sharp practice to me.

0 Ratings
liznewman
Message 18 of 19

I added BT sport by phone, no one mentioned extending the contract to me.  My contract ends in Feb (or should have done)  BT Sport was added last May, although it didn't start until August!!  So how can BT sport be free when I am having to pay full price for 3 months because they extened my contract?  I had sport because they were supposed to have the Rugby Union as I thought Internationals on, they didn't so haven't even watched it.  At no time was I told on the phone that my contract would be extended, or asked how long I had left on my contract.  I also no longer have Sky.  This advert was missleading and the guy on the telephone should have made things clear, he didn't. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 19

@liznewman wrote:

I added BT sport by phone, no one mentioned extending the contract to me.  My contract ends in Feb (or should have done)  BT Sport was added last May, although it didn't start until August!!  So how can BT sport be free when I am having to pay full price for 3 months because they extened my contract?  I had sport because they were supposed to have the Rugby Union as I thought Internationals on, they didn't so haven't even watched it.  At no time was I told on the phone that my contract would be extended, or asked how long I had left on my contract.  I also no longer have Sky.  This advert was missleading and the guy on the telephone should have made things clear, he didn't. 

Trouble is we only read what we want to read and we only ever listen to what we want to hear, that by the way is the good stuff. all the bad points we shut out.

It is free when you extend your contract.

You say you had sport because they (BT) were supposed to have Rugby Union.

I think you should be aware that BT do actually show Rugby Union. Have a look here:

http://sport.bt.com/rugbyunionhub/rugbyunion/live-rugby-union-on-bt-sport-S11376642081600

But Rugby Union and International Rugby are two different things. I don't think that is classed as BT's fault ,the same as you not having SKY any more.

Now if you beleive the advert was misleading then I can suggest that you take it up with the ASA here.

http://www.asa.org.uk/Consumers/How-to-complain.aspx

I can assure you that they do take complaints seriously and do investigate as I have used them many times before (not always successsfully):smileymad:

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings