cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Cancelling BT Sport

Could a site moderator please help with cancelling BT Sport online? I understand this can normally only be done over the phone, but I would rather not spend hours of my life waiting for a response from a call centre against the current BT advice of only calling in emergencies.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cancelling BT Sport

Would it not be more logical to take the free months available and cancel later down the line.

https://www.bt.com/sport-support-options

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Hi there,

I have already done that. Given the possible staff shortages at BT and the likely high number of similar requests to mine I wanted to get in the queue as early as possible.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

mods are trying to deal with emergency and vulnerable problems and cancelling BT sport is not one especially when you can phone and cancel just wait in the queue - or keep taking the free months and cancel later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Why not wait until May. Nothing will be lost, and you will probably find it easier to get through on the phone.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

I apologise for not marking replies correctly, I am new to the forum.

Please do not think I expect dealing with my request to be treated with greater priority than anything more urgent.

I posted on here with the idea that it could be dealt with as and when resources became available rather than calling to cancel, which BT are requesting customers not to do in order to leave staff free to deal with the emergency and vulnerable issues you reference in your reply.

Perhaps the tone of my original post was a little flippant, but I am as frustrated as many other community members that BT have not made cancellation of BT sport an online option.

0 Ratings