cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
izzydunnell
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Cancelling sport package

Please can someone help me to cancel this because I tried phoning, waited on the line for 15 minutes and then was cut off. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Cancelling sport package

At present there is no other option to cancel other than to phone BT.

0 Ratings
JP11
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

But they must have loads of deaf or hard of hearing customers , what are they supposed to do ? 

0 Ratings
izzydunnell
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Actually this now a case of cancelling direct debit - we paid for live sport - they are not providing live sport. BT Sport is in breach of contract because they are meant to provide live sport but they are not although we understand why.  THe breach is BT Sport's breach and not ours so I refuse to get a black mark on the basis of that. 

0 Ratings
izzydunnell
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

I challenge BT to tell me why cancelling should be so difficult. 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

@izzydunnell wrote:

Actually this now a case of cancelling direct debit - we paid for live sport - they are not providing live sport. BT Sport is in breach of contract because they are meant to provide live sport but they are not although we understand why.  THe breach is BT Sport's breach and not ours so I refuse to get a black mark on the basis of that. 

It is up to you but I would strongly advise against cancelling your direct debit if you have not informed BT that you are cancelling your package.

In effect all you are doing is stopping payment and not the package. This will mean that when payment is due you will fall into arrears and all that that entails.

izzydunnell
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

If I give them warning via email and in a letter then I do not see why I can't cancel my dd if there is no response - they have made their telephone lines completely inaccessible and they  wouldn't have a leg to stand on if they do not reply to my email and letter. 

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

@izzydunnell wrote:

If I give them warning via email and in a letter then I do not see why I can't cancel my dd if there is no response - they have made their telephone lines completely inaccessible and they  wouldn't have a leg to stand on if they do not reply to my email and letter. 

As I said, your choice but be aware of what I have said.

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

@izzydunnellwrote:

Can you show me on your order confirmation where it states you paid for live sport only? You signed up for sport content which is still being broadcast albeit not live so how are they in breach of contract?

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 10 of 10

@izzydunnellwrote:

Have a look at the Thinking of leaving BT? page, it states the only option is to call, BT do not accept a cancellation by letter or email.

0 Ratings