Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macray76
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Cannot watch BT Sport on app - new order

Hi. 

I've just signed up to BT broadband and the Max 4K TV package. 

I have downloaded the BT apps (BT TV and BT Sport) but I can't watch any of the BT Sport channels even though I can watch the other BT channels (Eurosport, Discovery etc...)

BT TV says I need to upgrade my package and BT Sport app says I need to activate sport on my account but then it comes back with the 'Your BT ID is correct but you don't have BT Sport on your account.' error. 

I though even though I don't have broadband yet I can still access the channels before then? 

Any help appreciated. 

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cannot watch BT Sport on app - new order

have you checked your MYBT account?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
macray76
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cannot watch BT Sport on app - new order

Yes and I have the Max 4k package.

Finally spoke to someone knowledgeable on the phone who said the line item on my order that is for BT Sport has an activation date of the 19th rather than yesterday like the rest of my order and there is nothing that can be done.

Annoying but at least I know the situation.

Not a great start as a new customer and I got annoyed when the 2nd person I was passed to said my package doesn't include BT Sport 1, 2, and 3 and I had to pay extra for it (even though I have it). She also asked me where I had received notice that I should be able to my watch channels on the apps before my broadband is activated (so I read her the welcome email).

This is shocking that from someone who works in the BT TV and Sport issues department doesn't know what is and is not included in their packages and who asks for evidence that I'm not lying!!!

0 Ratings