Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArnoldN
Beginner
Message 11 of 18

Re: Cast BT Sport to Apple TV - sound only no picture

Go to solution

That’s a bit pants. Can you point me to the place in the terms and conditions that sets this out

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

@ArnoldNwrote:

That’s a bit pants. Can you point me to the place in the terms and conditions that sets this out

www.bt.com/sportonthego is the link in the order confirmation to order it, it states :

This offer includes access to BT Sport accessible by the BT Sport smartphone app only. BT Sport content cannot be watched on larger devices such as laptops or tablets, via Chromecast or Airplay, or via the webplayer.

Tags (1)
ArnoldN
Beginner
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

OK. Thanks for clarifying.

0 Ratings
Pjop
Beginner
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

I have no guarantee this will work but when I installed the Apple TV app onto my device the casting from the BT App starting working - despite the fact the I hadn’t even signed into the AppleTV app. There’s a good chance it’s coincidence but if so I have no idea why it suddenly started working. Hope it works out!

0 Ratings
ArnoldN
Beginner
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks mate - I think it probably was a coincidence. As you may have seen, BT have confirmed that the particular version of the BT Sport app that I have is not able to cast pictures - you have to have BT Sport as an add-on (paid for) subscription rather than when it’s bundled as part of your mobile package. This may be the answer for some of the others who have this issue. Glad you were able to sort yours out!

0 Ratings
hinding
Beginner
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

The link from the OP seems to suggest otherwise. It states:

However, you won't be able to 'cast' the app on to a large screen if you watch the BT Sport App as part of a:

• BT Mobile deal without BT Broadband

This suggests that if you have access to the BT Sport app through a BT Mobile deal and also have BT Broadband, then you should be able to cast the app to large screens. I fit this criteria, yet I cannot cast.

Why? Is the information on that page wrong?

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

@hindingwrote:

The link from the OP seems to suggest otherwise. It states:

However, you won't be able to 'cast' the app on to a large screen if you watch the BT Sport App as part of a:

• BT Mobile deal without BT Broadband

This suggests that if you have access to the BT Sport app through a BT Mobile deal and also have BT Broadband, then you should be able to cast the app to large screens. I fit this criteria, yet I cannot cast.

Why? Is the information on that page wrong?

To order the chargeable BT Sport app with casting, you have to be a BT broadband customer, It's not sold to non BT broadband customers.
Anyone can have the free mobile sports app (if you have a qualifying mobile deal), broadband isn't a requirement.

They are different promotions and only one is sold to broadband customers.

0 Ratings
hinding
Beginner
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

If that's the case, then the link from the OP should be updated to that effect. As it is, it is confusing and implies something which is not true.

I specifically bought a Roku player because of the advice on that page which implied I would be able to cast to it.

By the way, it's not a "free" app - it's an included benefit in my mobile and broadband deal which I pay for. It's no more free than any of the other benefits of my deal like Halo etc. Therefore, it would seem to fall under the terminology on that page of being a "subscriber". It needs rewriting.

0 Ratings