Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Brucemeister5
Contributor
Message 11 of 26

Re: Cast quality from Android app Vs Cast Tab of Web Player

The PQ that I’m casting from BT Sport 2 at the moment is excellent. I’ll try my OH’s smartphone at the same time to see.
0 Ratings
Mallett94
Contributor
Message 12 of 26

Perhaps try casting from the smartphone and watching on the iPad as screen is bigger? 🙂
0 Ratings
Brucemeister5
Contributor
Message 13 of 26

There’s no difference that I can notice between the two. I’m happy with the casting quality on BT Sport 2 on the National League game now. It’s just not reliably consistent and hasn’t been for me since the end of July. If I could guarantee this casting quality all the time I’d get a 3rd Gen if that would solve the problem. I notice that the guy in the other thread mentions the issue with the ESPN channel too.
0 Ratings
Brucemeister5
Contributor
Message 14 of 26

There’s no difference that I can notice between casting from the Android phone and watching on the iPad. As I say, I’d be happy if I could guarantee this quality of casting all the time. In fact, I’m amazed that the National League game is casting in such good quality. It’s usually only this good for CL & PL or EL games. NL or SPFL usually casts at a lower quality these days for me.

0 Ratings
Mallett94
Contributor
Message 15 of 26

I am a little surprised that you feel there is no difference between the casted image and the image on the iPad. On the iPad have you tapped the screen once the stream has started, and then made sure it's the HD stream? For a while mine were all in SD on my actual phone and I hadn't realised haha.

Also as you can see in this thread, it was confirmed by a BT sport staff member that the quality of the streams had been upgraded --> https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/HD-Online-Player/m-p/1810011

And then in this thread you will see again that a staff member confirms that you can't get the best quality using a Chromecast Gen 1 or 2 (hence why I've upgraded to Gen 3 😄 ) --> https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/Chromecast-amp-1080p50/m-p/1870793

At least in general the BT Sport app streams are much better than the NowTV 720/25p streams ATM. They are supposed to be getting upgraded to 1080 before the year is out, and I'm also praying for 50fps too.
0 Ratings
Brucemeister5
Contributor
Message 16 of 26

Thanks for your help and advice, they are much appreciated. I’ve had the BT Sport app since the day BT Sport launched and I bought my mk 1 Chromecast when they first became available in the U.K. BT Sport were one of their early adopters. I remember the Popeye guy on the other thread from Digital Spy, but he hasn’t posted on there for ages now to my knowledge.

Is there going to be any benefit from me getting myself a mk 3 Chromecast if I can only cast from the iOS or Android app rather than from the Chrome browser in your opinion? Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Brucemeister5
Contributor
Message 17 of 26

Forgot to say that I do always check that I’m on HD rather than SD when casting from either app.
0 Ratings
Mallett94
Contributor
Message 18 of 26

Based on the information in those threads, especially regarding the 1080/50, then going from 25fps to 50fps will in my opinion be a good increase in quality.

Also, if you haven't already, change your chromecast to 50hz mode so that it perfectly matches with the BT Sport (and any other UK based) content. If you leave the chromecast at 60hz there will be awful juddering.

If you aren't sure how to do this, here are the instructions. --> https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6308937?hl=en-GB

Hope this helps!
0 Ratings
Brucemeister5
Contributor
Message 19 of 26

Thanks again. I’ve been set to 50 hz for ages now. I’m not sure whether buying a 3rd gen Chromecast would benefit me from what you said earlier about casting from your Android phone showing no difference from your 2nd gen Chromecast. Casting from the Chrome browser is not an option for me at the moment.

0 Ratings
Coight
Message 20 of 26

Still on Chromecast 2

0 Ratings