Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mahipn
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Casting BT Sports on Apple TV - NO Video

Hello,

I have BT fibre 50Mbps residential broadband, I get BT sports app free because of my broadband subscription.

Whey I am trying to cast BT Sports onto Apple TV (4th generation), I am getting following message -

Sorry - you can't watch BT Sport by mirroring your device.

I only get sound but no video.

Help please.

Regards,

Mahip Narayan

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Casting BT Sports on Apple TV - NO Video

Hi @mahipn ,

There is guidance on using AirPlay to Apple TV

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44724/~/can-i-stream-bt-sport-using-chromecast-or-app...

looks like you may be attempting to mirror rather than airplay .

0 Ratings
mahipn
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

I have seen above note, thanks. However I meet all the criteria as I am BT mobile 20GB customer.
I tried casting on a Samsung smart TV as well but no luck; I get following error - Casting functionality is not included in your BT Sports subscription.
Help please
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@mahipn if you're BT Sport app is provided as part of your BT Mobile service you unfortunately are unable to cast as it's only viewable on mobile devices. To cast you need to have the full version of the BT Sport app which costs £9 per month or have the BT TV service.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings