Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Casting bt sport app to Sony Bravia

Go to solution

Hi all. Does anyone know if the bt sport app can be cast to the in built chrome cast on a Sony Bravia android tv? Or is it exclusive casting to chrome cast separate devices? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Casting bt sport app to Sony Bravia

Go to solution

We only support the separate Chromecast device i'm afraid.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

@glendvd  I have a 2018 model Sony KD-49XE9005 and can confirm I can cast BT Sport from an iPad and iPhone to this model. Of course I can’t confirm whether or not other models are compatible but it is likely later models are.

just to add that I do subscribe to BT sport via their Youview box so that could make a difference if you only subscribe via the App.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi that’s good to know thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
I also have a Sony Bravia Android TV , it can't have the BT sport App but it has been used to cast from a Samsung phone. I have a Samsung TV this has the BT sport App ..
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. I think I’ll be ok casting the app, the “normal” channels, but from what I’ve read, you can’t cast the 4k ultimate channel to the inbuilt chromecast, you have to go out and buy a chromecast ultra for £70 or whatever it is these days. I guess bt have their partnerships with Samsung and google so they’ll need you to buy their products.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Clearly the only person who has no idea how this works is the BT Sport Expert. 

Casting to the built-in chromecast has always worked fine for me. Just checked in case the latest cluster-f#ck of an update stopped this. 

still working!

wonder if they will ever sort airplay to non-Apple tv devices. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@be11aml  Ha thanks man. But am I still right in thinking it won’t cast the 4k ultimate stuff?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I believe the built-in chromecast is supposed to be capable of 4K, however, Sony cut corners on the spec and installed pathetic processors in most TVs. In general, built-in TV features (e.g. Apps) are nice to have, but their lifespan is short. Buy the best screen you can afford and accept that you will need to separate devices to access content.

I have a XD series TV and it tries to play 4K content, but mostly just stutters. Later TVs may be more capable. I have given up on Sony's superior motion handling and decided not to trust them any more.

I do not have BT Sport ultimate. It might have been worth the investment, but the lack of clarity around device support, terrible updates and worse than useless customer support, meant I could not justify the risk.

If you want a laugh, ask someone in their off-shore help-desk via the web chat. It will not be on the script, so you can just enjoy whatever BS they feed you!

0 Ratings