cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve147
Message 1 of 5

Casting functionality is not included in your BT Sport subscription

Go to solution

In November I updated my Broadband to Superfast Fibre Plus, I also took the opportunity to change my mobile for a 6GB plan.  I was informed by your very helpful agent that I did not need to renew BTSport online & mobile as BTSport came free with the plan and I could use cast.   So having bought a Google Chrome cast I tried it successfully but then the new contract kicked in.  There has been a delay due to other problems in getting BTsport but finally I it on my mobile.  Unfortunately if I try to cast I get the message,

'Casting functionality is not included in your BT Sport subscription'

I was informed when placing the order that as I had BT Broadband, Landline and mobiles, casting would be available, but so far no luck.  Grateful for any assistance you can give.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Casting functionality is not included in your BT Sport subscription

Go to solution

If you have the free BT Sports pack available with BT Mobile plans that have 6GB data or more, casting is not supported with that free version.

If you have the chargeable app which is £9 per month (possibly cheaper if you have a promotion) and available only to BT broadband customers, then you can cast with that version.

0 Ratings
Steve147
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Richie

Many thanks for the fast repy.  When I was talked through the order online I was told I would be able to cast, thus I bought the Google Chromecast.  Your info online states:-

Can I stream BT Sport using Chromecast or Apple TV?

Yes, with the right equipment, you can stream the app to your TV if you’re a BT Sport or app-only subscriber.

However, you won't be able to 'cast' the app on to a large screen if you watch the BT Sport App as part of a:

• EE Mobile subscription without the large screen BT Sport App bolt-on
  • BT Mobile deal without BT Broadband

So the last line says I can not cast if I only a 'BT Mobile deal without Broadband',  but I have a BT Mobile Deal with Broadband so this suggests I should be able to cast?

Could you please confirm

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I can see how you'd be confused but you can't cast with the free BT Sports app that comes with 6GB mobile deals or more, regardless if you have BT broadband or not sorry.

If you want to cast you'd need the standalone app for BT broadband customers, right now it's showing online as free for 3 months, then £9 from month 4, you could try calling 0800 800 150 and see what offers the Loyalty or Value team have, advisor deals vary from online deals.

0 Ratings
Steve147
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Richie

Many thanks, I'll re-order the online one I had before I was told I did not need it,

Thanks for your help

Regards

Steve

0 Ratings