Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Direx
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Casting functionality is not included in your BT Sport subscription

Go to solution

I have this same issue. Even after wasting hours speaking to no fewer than 6 people apparently it's both my chromecast at blame. Funny I don't have any issues with casting anything else. I have broadband and phone so should work but comes up with same message posted earlier.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Casting functionality is not included in your BT Sport subscription

Go to solution

Hi @Direx welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I've moved your post to create your own thread as the previous thread was already resolved.

Sorry you are having a problem casting BT Sport. We will be happy to check your Sport package for you. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Direx
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Just to clarify as this has been moved to a new thread , the message when casting says, 'Sorry casting is not included in your BT sports subscription'. It also shows in my BT account as BT sports is not linked to my account. Also maybe connected to this issue or not but WiFi and 4g calling is not available (according to my sim services) although activated on my S10+
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@Direxdid you get the BT Sports app free because your BT mobile plan has 6GB data or more ?

Direx
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Yes. On an 8gb plan
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@Direxwrote:
Yes. On an 8gb plan

Then the message is correct, you can not cast on the free BT Mobile sports app, It's mobile device only.

If you wish to cast then you need the standalone app (Only available to BT broadband customers) which costs £9 per month unless on a promotional plan, the standalone app does support other devices such as Apple TV and Xbox one consoles, Chrome Cast and others, it also gives you access to the online player at www.btsport.com

Direx
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
Well this is total contradiction to what I've been told by 3 separate people in the mobile department and there are no terms and conditions outlining this. The app even states I meet all the criteria as did another person I spoke to in the support team. My whole decision making process on purchasing a 12 month contract with BT was having the ability to cast the sports to chromecast. I may as well cancel my contract whilst I'm in the permitted time frame and find something cheaper than the sim only I signed up to.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

You did state you have BT broadband, which means you can order the standalone app, see what deals are available.

The terms are on the page you ordered it from which is www.bt.com/sportonthego lists the following highlighted in bold :

Free BT Sport on BT Mobile 6GB, 20GB, 15GB or 30GB:

• This offer is available to (i) new BT Mobile customers who are ordering a BT Mobile 6GB, 15GB or 30GB plan (either a smartphone or Sim Only plan); and (ii) existing BT Mobile customers on our 6GB, 15GB or 30GB (or our previous 20GB) smartphone or SIM Only plan.
  • This offer includes access to BT Sport accessible by the BT Sport smartphone app only. BT Sport content cannot be watched on larger devices such as laptops or tablets, via Chromecast or Airplay, or via the webplayer.
  • If you have any open orders on your account currently, we'll process this order right after any existing orders are complete.
  • Customers who have purchased our 500MB or 2GB mobile plans, please choose another Sport option through bt.com/mybt.
  • We'll send you an email confirmation once the order is placed.
  • If you choose to downgrade your 6GB, 15GB, 20GB or 30GB plan to a lower priced plan beneath 6GB (such as the 500MB, 2GB or 3GB plans), or if you cancel your 6GB, 15GB, 20GB or 30GB plan, you'll no longer be able to access free BT Sport. Other exclusions and conditions may apply.
  • BT Sport terms of service apply to all customers who take up this offer, and are available at bt.com/legalstuff
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Direx sorry I missed you when I called there. Could you reply back to my message with a suitable time for to call?

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Direx
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
After 9pm tonight or any time tomorrow is fine thanks
0 Ratings