Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Boothy
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Casting functionality is not included in your BT Sport

Go to solution

I’ve had enough now, been passed through all of the houses, and spiel given to me. I have had 10 calls with condescending people who have failed to understand. Rather than confronting the main issue, they dodge the bullet - referring to compatibility  and requirements.

1 person tried to resolve the matter but action required was beyond him. He put the issue down to a fault in my conflicting subscriptions. 

I simply had the use of a free BT Sport app through BT mobile. I purchased the BT sport pack to upgrade this app and go online. I have all the requirements for the casting to work, however the issue is with my newly purchased subscription. I go online and it says my subscription is not valid, and also I’m unable to cast. 

(Nothing to do with the browser, tried windows, Mac, iOS - the whole lot)

The issue is with my online subscription within the system. I just need someone who knows what they’re doing to sort it out. 

End my misery, please. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Casting functionality is not included in your BT Sport

Go to solution

Hi @Boothy,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.

Can you tell me a little more about the services you have with BT, do you have BT Broadband?

Can I stream BT Sport using Chromecast or Apple TV?

Yes, with the right equipment, you can stream the app to your TV if you’re a BT Sport or app-only subscriber.

However, you won't be able to 'cast' the app on to a large screen if you watch the BT Sport App as part of a:

• EE Mobile subscription without the large screen BT Sport App bolt-on
  • BT Mobile deal without BT Broadband
  • BT Business package

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Boothy
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi,

I have both BT mobile and BT broadband. I keep getting asked this and I am getting nowhere.

Casting alone isn’t the issue, with the BT sport pack I should also have online access through a browser. However, it is not recognising my new subscription. This has been tried on windows and MAC, with the app also being consistent. Claiming I don’t have the subscription, when for a fact it’s gone through. 

A person on the phone cancelled my BT mobile, added the BT sport pack back on, and mobile on top. He believed there is a conflict on the account, as I have been watching BT sport through the app for free, with BT mobile. I was on the phone to him for over an hour and a half, to be passed over to faults because there was nothing more he could do, stating there was a marker against the account. Faults never understood and failed to take up the issue. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly @Boothy.

I only asked if you had BT broadband because you didn't mention in your post if you were a BT broadband customer or a BT mobile only customer. The only information we have about your complaint is the information you provide us within your thread. Sorry if you feel you have had to repeat yourself. 

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team so that we can look into this issue for you.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Boothy
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I only wanted to make it clear.

I’ve been on the phone with 10 different people and they haven’t understood me. It has now been ongoing since Saturday, so I’m deeply frustrated. I’ll hold a party, if it gets fixed. 

Thanks for your help though. 

0 Ratings
Boothy
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I managed to resolve this issue this morning.

Somebody at faults in Newcastle was aware of the problem. It turns out that when BT mobile users (who use the free BT sports app on their phone), want to upgrade to the paid app and full online subscription, the software conflicts. 

To resolve this, you have to cancel your BT mobile and, wait 24 hours before subscribing to the paid app and full online subscription. Overcoming the fault in the system. 

The sales team, are however unaware of this fault. As are also most within BT. They happily sold me the package, despite the existing fault. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Boothy,

Glad to hear that you got sorted.

I will pass the feedback onto our BT Sport teams so that they can let our fault teams know how to correctly deal with these type of cases.

Thanks for letting us know the fix 🙂

Cheers

Matt