Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ghostlum
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Casting functionality is not included in your BT Sport subscription

Go to solution

I have been unable to cast live, or catch up, BT Sport for several months. All attempts give the recurrent error:

Sorry - casting functionality is not included in your BT Sport subscription

Having spent a lot of time on web chats and calls trying to resolve this I'm getting nowhere. BT’s answers have largely been unhelpful; blaming the Wi-fi, device or abruptly terminating the web chat stating Chromecast issues aren't supported. Their lack of support is particularly frustrating considering I have spent a good deal of time logically trying to resolve the problem. The current situation is:

BT assure casting is part of my subscription.

SD BT Sport channels are available on my BT TV & app.

I have never had an EE mobile contract.

I have tried the app on four other devices (tablets and mobiles of different manufacture) at four different geographical locations, with each location having its own working Chromecast. The sites are residential properties having non-BT ISPs, two of which I’d been able to cast BT Sport successfully on frequent occasions throughout 2017. Now, at each site the above 'subscription related' error message is returned when trying to cast BT Sport. Other TV/video services (Netflix, YouTube, etc.) cast perfectly, however.

I do not consider this a problem with the devices, Wifi, Chromecast or the recent Google Play Services issues; rather a problem specific to my account or how the app is mapped to my subscription. BT, however, dispute this.

I've been making do by mirroring my device but obviously the lower quality delivered isn't an ideal alternative.

If there's anything else worth a shot to try and resolve this problem your suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Casting functionality is not included in your BT Sport subscription

Go to solution

Only the BT Sport mobile app (Free on 6GB data plans or above) does not support casting.

As you have BT TV then the sports app included with BT Sports on BT TV does support casting, BT Sport app with BT broadband and BT Sport on Sky all also support casting.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

I'm asking the forum moderators (BT staff who can check your account) if they can help. They will post contact info here later.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@Ghostlum If you send over your details on on the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Ghostlum
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply Richie - this is my understanding too. As my subscription meets the criterion for casting then it  should work, but strangely doesn't. This has made me think that the account is perhaps built incorrectly on whatever system BT use.

0 Ratings
Ghostlum
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Many thanks for doing that. Fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
Ghostlum
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi, If I've already passed on my thanks, sorry for the repetition - If not, thank you. Just getting acquainted with the community website so apologies for any teething misunderstandings.

0 Ratings
Ghostlum
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Many thanks Neil, If I haven't thanked you already. Just getting used to the way this community website works, please forgive any teething troubles.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@Ghostlum No problem, I'm sure we'll figure this out. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Ghostlum

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me again this afternoon.

Just to confirm, we had to make a change from our end so that you had the functionality again to cast BT Sport from your devices to your TV.

As agreed I'll go ahead and close things off from here also.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”