Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssp_71023
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Casting functionality is not included in your BT Sport subscription

Go to solution

Firstly, apologies if this is not the correct way of contacting moderator's on the site, I'm new to this site/forum/community.

I was reading the solution for issue  'Casting functionality is not included in your BT Sport subscription' but I could not find any details of the solution. I ensured I was logged onto the site to see any links.

I have the same issue as others have reported while trying to cast from BT Sport app on my Android mobile onto TV using Chromecast.

1. The mobile device and the TV are both connected to the same WiFi network

2. I have BT Fibre broadband, BT Line and BT Mobile

I was able to cast it before and not anymore so I spoke to BT Sport faults team who mentioned they'll make a change to the account so that the service can be restored but it has not been successful. When contacted again, the retention team mentioned that it was not possible to cast to TV via Chromecast using BT Sport App on mobile.

Confused with the 2 messages, I am contacting to check if you may be able to help. Please let me know information you need from me.

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Casting functionality is not included in your BT Sport subscription

Go to solution

If you have the BT Sports pack because you have a BT mobile with 6GB data or more, then you do not get casting with the free mobile app.

If you have the BT Sports pack because you have it on BT TV, Sky, TalkTalk or the standalone app available to BT broadband customers, you can cast with that.

Do you know which BT Sport subscription you have ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Casting functionality is not included in your BT Sport subscription

Go to solution

@ssp_71023 it sounds like you've been put on the wrong version of the app. Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings