cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 13

Casting not included in BT Sport subscription

Good morning,

Is there anyone who may be able to help enable casting from my BT Sport app please?

I'm a BT Mobile and Broadband customer, so beleive I should be able to cast from the app.

The message in app that I receive in app, says "Casting functionality is not included in your BT Sport subscription."

I'm online with a BT chat representative now, but they are insisting I contact Chromecast for support.  I've firmly but politely highlighted it specifies it is a BT sport subscription issue, not a Chromecast issue.

I've seen identical posts on here for mobile and broadband customers who recieve this message, but have been able to have this rectified by moderators on here.

Can anyone help to clear this up please?

Kind regards

Darren

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: Casting not included in BT Sport subscription

Welcome to the forum @gryffindorsheir ,

sometimes this occurs due to there being a variety of BT Sport  packages.

For example  there is a

BT Sport on BT Mobile 

and

BT Sport  on the BT Sport App and Online Player 

The first is available to BT Mobile customers , the second to  BT Broadband customers.

i don’t believe casting is available on the first but is on the second.

If you have BT Mobile and BT Broardband normally it is best to have the second.

so checking precisely which BT Sport package you currently have  would be a good idea.

Message 3 of 13

Hi @gryffindorsheir,

What @zulu17 has said is correct. If you take a look at Learn about BT Sport and BT Mobile, it states -

What devices can I use to watch BT Sport with BT Mobile?

BT Sport with Mobile allows you to use your Apple or Android smartphone to watch BT Sport, as well as letting you watch on two different devices at the same time for each.

If you've only got BT Sport with BT Mobile, you won't be able to use your log in details to watch BT Sport on other devices such as Chromecast and Airplay.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Message 4 of 13

Thank you both for replying and for the welcome. 

It seems I do have the BT Sport with BT Mobile package.  How can I change this?

I've tried using the website to change my package but just get told to call a number.  I'd like to just be able to sit and look and the packages and come to my own decision.  I've tried using the live chat help and spoken to someone already on the phone - the take away from that seems to be just the desire to upsell my bt sport on sky or bt tv.

I'd like to look at the bt sport app and online player option if this will enable to to cast with no issues.  

Is this possible?

Kind regards

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Hi @gryffindorsheir and welcome.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If you haven't got this sorted I'll be happy to help. Just drop me over an email with your details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDavidM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
medical154
Message 6 of 13

Hi,

I'm another experiencing this issue - I have both Bt mobile and bt broadband and have bt sport but am unable to cast. If anyone is able to assist it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

@medical154 we'll be happy to take a look. If you had BT mobile before you got BT broadband you might be still on the BT mobile version of the app which doesn't include casting.

Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Thanks for the reply DavidM - I have emailed you now.  Kind regards. Darren

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Thanks for sending over the details @gryffindorsheir,

This should be sorted so can try again and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDavidM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
medical154
Message 10 of 13

Dear Neil0 (and other moderators if relevant),

Thanks for the reply and acting on the details I sent to you. I received an email confirming the change to BT sport and did confirm that it worked with chromecast as requested. 

Unfortunately, however, as part of the changes made to my account to get me the correct version of BT sport, the email also stated that my Broadband and Calls contract had been renewed for 18 months. You will appreciate that I never had notification that this might happen and, accordingly, never agreed to this - my current contract is only for 12 months at a preferential rate so I certainly don't want to extend it for 18 mnths.

Accordingly, i have been on the phone to BT this morning. They stated that the only way the contract extention could be rectified would be by issuing a revert and effectively cancelling the BT sport change actioned by you. I guess this will also revert me back to the previous BT sport package, which is a shame as I do believe that I should be able to access BT sport via chromecast and online player under the existing contracts I have with BT under its own t&cs as per here:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44724/~/can-i-watch-bt-sport-from-the-bt-sport-app-to...

Under these t&cs, to my reading i don't meet the exclusion criteria listed that would not let me use chromecast as I have both BT mobile and BT broadband.

If there is anything else I can do, let me know - but I do not wish to extend my contract at this stage (it's only really just started) nor pay anything extra.

To others who might be having the same issues, I would suggest they note the possibility of the contract extension before they look into this further.

Thanks.

0 Ratings