cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanDouglas
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Caught in Limbo-land

How come you can be a BB customer for 10 years, pay up to 24 August, with online bills to prove it and when you "upgrade" to BT infinity you are deemed as not being entitled to BT Sport. I spent over 2 hours yesterday being sent from department to department, from Sales; to BT Sport; to technical support India; back to BT Sport; then onto the BT exceptions team and finally ended up at complaints.

Everyone in the process agreed that since I am an existing BB customer I am entitled to the BT Sport App, however as I am now waiting for Infinity that I am stuck and can not get the BT Sport App for 3 weeks, when the installation will take place. The bit that annoyed me was that after 2 hours "Catherine" from the "Exception Team said "Oh this is a known problem". If it is such a known problem then how come the person who sold be BT Infinity and the other 4 people in the communication merry-go-round did not know about it? There is apparently no point complaining, and she advised me that this is the case, because the idiot in the "Complaints Department" managed to cut me off and I ended up in back the BT Sales department at least talking to "Brooke" who at least was nice person! 

Spending £1bn on the TV rights was an excellent sales and marketing gimmick but spending an extra few pounds on training BT staff was clearly out of the question. 

Do NOT change to BT infinity or any other BT product until you get the App or better still save yourself about £130 for the 18 month contract and go with BTs sister operation of "Plusnet" and do without the Sport.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
davyl23
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Caught in Limbo-land

Im in the same boat, mid july cancelled bt vision subscription (30 day notice) 22 july tried to sign up for bt sports online via sky+ box.No can do because item is pending on my account(vision cancellation) stops me doing anything to my account.Phoned bt , same spiel.I now have to wait until mid august to sign up for bt sports , missing out on free hd for a year. Pathetic way to run a company when 1 change effects entire account.
0 Ratings
IanDouglas
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

You need to press your claim for retrospective HD, as the fault is theirs not yours. You could always take your complaint up with Ofcom, though they appear to be a toothless watchdog. I still feel that there is a restriction of trade with domain E Mails that has yet to be resolved. The same was true over mobile phones about 15 years ago but Ofcom addressed that allowing customers to take their numbers with them to alternative providers. If you want to keep your BT related E Mail domain name it will cost you £1.60/month per E Mail account for the privilege.

I was going to pay the extra £5 per month for the TV option and I am grateful that I didn't after the pathetic service that I and clearly others are facing.

What stopped me was the news that I needed to connect the BT hone hub 4 unit, by Ethernet cable, to the TV box. A cable stretching over 20 metres minimum through the house was unacceptable. Customers want to be told up-front, then they can make informed decisions, instead of being annoyed afterwards.

0 Ratings
fosterl2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

You can use an "ethernet over mains" unit, so no need for 20m of cable
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

You are posting on a 3 year old post
0 Ratings