cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RossL
Message 1 of 25

Change Sky Viewing Card

Its my own fault but i didnt realise when i set up my account BT Sport doesn't support Sky Multi Room, i have set up my account with the wrong box as i purchased just for UFC which airs in the middle of the night so i can only watch on the one television, how can i get this changed?
0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
carlj64
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 25

Re: Change Sky Viewing Card

Not sure how often Sky issues new cards, but I believe a card change can be issued.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 25

You don't need a new card from sky. Either swap the cards and then phone sky an re-pair the cards to the 'new' boxes or phone up btsports help and get them to change your sky viewing card number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
robo567
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 25

hi i registered btsport on my box i have downsairs and thought i could get it upstairs as i have sky multiroom but it does not work, i called sky and they said you have to contact bt so i did and they said try changing over the cards but that does not work as the cards only work for the box its in, no other one, i need to change from the box downstairs to the one upstairs bt said they have to put me through to experts who know how to do this so i waited 30 minutes on hold then i had to go, and now i am on here hoping someone can help

0 Ratings
robo567
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 25

I phoned btsports and waited 30 minutes and had to go there's to many on asking for help
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 25

you would be quicker swapping the cards and then phoning sky and getting them to repair the cards to the new boxes

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
robo567
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 25

that cost money and what you going to say to them?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 25

He means re-pair, not repair. You have to pair the box with the card. You either ask sky to do this, or you follow the new installation process if your skybox is connected to the phone line.
http://help.sky.com/tv/set-up-your-sky-tv/set-up-your-sky-box
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 25

Thnaks LS

sky re-pair cards all the time and only takes a few minutes

0 Ratings
robo567
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 25

so if I call sky and say I need a re-pair they would do it there and then?
0 Ratings