cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Cheapest way to get BT Sport Ultimate on Apple TV?

We’ve completely stopped watching TV through our BT box and exclusively use the Apple TV 4K for everything. 
What’s the cheapest way of getting BT sports ultimate on it?

Currently paying for Fibre with BT Halo 1, HD Extra and 2 mobile plans  
Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cheapest way to get BT Sport Ultimate on Apple TV?

You can pay for the app on it's own as a BT Broadband customer for £16 per month (existing customer deals may be available). 

I think if you have BT TV the Sport package also gives you access to the app, although that seems to be the same price at £16 per month (existing customer deals may be available). 

But the cheapest version might be related to changing one of your SIMs. Unless things have changed, I believe you can get BT Sport (either for free or discounted), when you buy certain BT Mobile or EE SIMs.

As I understand it, this gives you access to the app on mobile devices and although you can't add the "big screen" option to allow you to watch the app on your Apple TV, with a BT Mobile SIM, you can with the EE version. This might be an option if this is still available and may prove to be the cheapest way to access it.

Ultimately, logging into to My BT to check options or calling for offers will give you the latest.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 3 of 6

Thanks. I must be locked in to some old deal, or does everyone get BT Sport in standard def with broadband. I only pay £6 for HD. £16 seems steep for UHD. 
But I’ll give them a call to see what’s on offer. 
Just wish they had clear pricing for everything.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

We only have the BT Sport app and have never had BTTV or Sky. The quality of this is up to HD depending upon your devices without having to pay extra for HD. The price of this has been impacted by the March 31st price increases. However, we pay an additional £5 per month to get BT Sport Ultimate which I access on my Fire TV 4K stick rather than Apple TV. As this is an add on it has not been affected by the price increases.
Message 5 of 6

So how much do you pay per month? £21?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

No, we’re on some sort of legacy pricing. It’ll be £20.30 once the price rise kicks in. As we’ve had the BT Sport app since Day 1 (1st August 2013) we’re not locked into a contract and can cancel at any time. Of course that wouldn’t apply to new customers. It one of the reasons we’ve avoided getting BTTV. We’re perfectly happy with app only as we get large screen access on the tv and don’t need the ability to record.

0 Ratings