cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Chromecast 3rd Generation with the BT sport app

Go to solution

Hi All

I wanted to ask if the chromecast 3rd generation is now able to play 1080p @50fps  from the BT Sport App  ?

I saw in a thread dated back in 2020 that the chromecast 3rd gen only supported 1080p @ 25 fps , wondering if this is still the case in 2022 ?

Thanks

J

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Chromecast 3rd Generation with the BT sport app

Go to solution

At this very minute, yes - it's still limited.

We did trial the newer Chromecast player a few weeks ago, but it failed really badly across many different devices. We therefore had to roll back again.

We think we've ironed out most of the issues with the new player and hope to turn it back on again in the next few days, at which point that cap will be removed again.

Note: the new player will only be available when Chromecast is launched from Android devices for now.  Once we're happy that it works properly for everyone, we'll then enable it from Apple devices. 

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks Darren, will there be any indication once this is turned back on ?

I see you are doing an awesome job responding to everyone's questions on this board.

Much Appreciated
J
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
The easiest way to tell is when you connect to Chromecast, a version number appears in the bottom right corner of the screen - currently 3.7.4 I think? When you're on the new one, there's no version number visible. It should hopefully be live later today ... by tomorrow lunchtime at the latest.
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
That's it turned back on to the new Chromecast player - let me know how you get on!
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hey Darren , picture looks great! Thanks for all  the help and assistance

0 Ratings