cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resonance
Contributor
Message 1 of 50

Chromecast Problem

Hi, is anyone else having problems watching BT Sport via Chromecast?

Basically what's happening is everything works fine until they go into an ad break and then towards the end of the ad break the stream drops and says "An error has occured It was not possible to play the requested content please try again". 

I'm casting from a Samsung Galaxy S5, running Android 5.0 and the Chromecast is the latest version.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
49 REPLIES 49
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 50

Re: Chromecast Problem

I've had a couple of lost connections during the last week or so but have not noticed any pattern. I doubt that it's down to your phone, as it can be turned off without losing the broadcast once the cast is set up.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Resonance
Contributor
Message 3 of 50

It's every break for me. The only thing I really watch is WTA tennis, so I'll try another programme to see if the problem still occurs . 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 50

All I watch is football (real football that is, not the nonsense that's stolen the name). I'll keep an eye on it next time.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 50

Just to clarify - latest version chromecast - Is this the chromecast 2 model  or are you refering to the Chromecast 1 (with latest software)

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 50

Good point, zulu. I've got one of each and will check both next time I'm watching.

--
Resonance
Contributor
Message 7 of 50

@zulu17 wrote:

Just to clarify - latest version chromecast - Is this the chromecast 2 model  or are you refering to the Chromecast 1 (with latest software)

It's the Chromecast 2 model zulu. Just bought it the other day. It did an update when I installed it, so using the latest software I guess.

I did have a Chromecast 1 before I ugraded and was getting the same problem on that of late. 

0 Ratings
tomluke
Beginner
Message 8 of 50

Hi there, I am getting the same problem. It seems to be specifically on a betfair advert and happens pretty much every ad break on the WTA tennis and happened tonight watching the rugby also. I am using the chromecast 1 and casting from the Android app on a Nexus 5 phone. Both app and chromecast are updated to latest software. 

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Tom 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 50

Watching Villa-Chelsea. Cast survived half-time breaks, including Betfair, without interruption. That's on Chromecast Mk1; will have to try Mk2 some other time due to SWMBO wanting day trip to Sainsburys.

--
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 10 of 50

I am using an Ipad and casting Moto GP to a version two Chromecast. Just went out of the room and connection was lost. Reconnected and it was showing adverts. So lost connection, which is rare, during commercials. 

Coincidence?

Stew

0 Ratings