cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnSound
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 50

Re: Chromecast Problem

Same here tonight Tom. It's not even playing on my phone without attempting Chromecast. Really really frustrating, it's bad enough we're paying for a service which we have to Cast via our phones rather than watching on the TV, never mind it deciding not to work on a big game night.

I got VC010 first and am now getting VC011. I've tried signing out, restarting, uninstalling the lot, no joy.

I called 150 and then a service update number. They know about the problem and are working on it apparently. Well I hope they get on with it!
0 Ratings
tomluke
Beginner
Message 22 of 50

Thanks John, fingers crossed. I'm getting VC011. It's playing on my phone on enhanced player but not on standard player. Not casting at all, as you say really disappointing.
JohnSound
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 50

Thanks for the enhanced player tip Hazel & Tom, I've got a Samsung Smart TV and a Samsung phone so I was able to send the image from the phone to the TV, but it's nowhere near as good as using Chromecast.

Now though, nothing, I can't even get it working with the enhanced player either
0 Ratings
Philcast
Message 24 of 50

I have the same problem trying to watch Broussard v Liverpool. It has been around for a long time with no resolution

0 Ratings
Hume444
Message 25 of 50

I also have this problem, was casting from android phone with no bother last night watching man city game and tonight I have tried to cast to TV and it just says failed to load video, can watch in enhanced player though

Hope BT are working on fix soon, have tried everything, reset router, reset app, uninstalled app, reset chromecast, turned off BT hub smart settings and still no luck

Not happy as missing out on Liverpool game😕😕
0 Ratings
dazzh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 50

Having the same problem here.

Plays fine on my iphone thenever I try to cast to my TV I get "An error has occurred".

0 Ratings
TimSutton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 50

Exactly the same issue here, no videos will stream to the Chromecast via BT Sport, every other video app works fine. Rebooted Chromecast and the tablet, uninstalled and reinstalled BT Sport app etc. Really sodding irritating. Latest error was VC011 but it's shown a few numbers. The match shows fine on the BT TV box.
0 Ratings
Hume444
Message 28 of 50

TimSutton I also had the VC011 code earlier, now it only says failed to load video with no code at all
0 Ratings
Highlighted
JohnSound
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 50

Chromecast streaming working again now, when the game has finished! Interestingly though this stream is about 4 minutes behind the Enhanced player.

By the way, this was definitely just a BT issue, not Chromecast, as I was able to cast other things from my phone to TV no bother.
0 Ratings
GerardQ
Contributor
Message 30 of 50

Yep. I experienced exactly the same issues as posted. I remember this happened to me before, couple of months ago when I wanted to watch a big game. By the way, I tried switching across to the Athletic v Sevilke game...same problem. This is not good enough. I enjoyed PSG v Man City last night...no problem. But all of today, I was even more looking forward to Dortmund v Liverpool. And yes, after tge game, casting works! That said, my Chromecast was about 3 minutes behind what I had just seen on my tablet with the enhanced player. BT - you need to fix this with urrgency or you'll lose customers! Finally, Im also one of those who often loses the cast at half time during the adverts. What on earth is that all about. And those cryptic error messages and codes mean absolutely nothing to users as well as "too many streams", "check your wifi and internet conection" etc. What a load of made up rubbish. Not happy.