cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnSound
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 50

Re: Chromecast Problem

Great, now I'm getting VC013 trying to watch ice hockey on BT ESPN, Chromecast or not. VC013 doesn't even bring anything up in the FAQ you get linked to. You're having a disaster tonight BT!
0 Ratings
Adrock1
Message 32 of 50

same here - this issue has also impacted me. The only reason that I signed up for BT broadband was to get BT Sport, which I only watch by casting to my Chromecast. BT you really need to fix this ASAP.

Is it since the latest version of the app was released (if so I may try a roll back on my iPhone), or is it a BT server issue? Please can you communicate to keep us updated?
0 Ratings
JohnSound
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 50

I tried again about an hour after my last post last night & all was fine. Seems good this morning too. Lets hope that's the problem solved and it's not going to come back!
0 Ratings
riazalam
Message 34 of 50

I tried casting to Chromecast the Borussia Dortmund vs Liverpool game yesterday, from my Oneplus Android phone and that failed. This used to work before. Really frustrating. BT fix the issue!
0 Ratings
GerardQ
Contributor
Message 35 of 50

I don't think this carry on relates to the version of the BT app you are using. I recall a similar problem happening about 3 months ago and my BT app would have been a previous version. I've tried everything including uninstalling and reinstalling the app, restarting my mobile phone (and tablet), restarting my BT Homehub router, you name it. BT, get a grip. Apart from an urgent need to fix this problem, I do wish BT could say what's causing the problem in the first place. Nobody knows.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
GerardQ
Contributor
Message 36 of 50

Ironic that this discussion topic is called Chromecast Problem implying it's the fault of Chromecast. No way. It's BT's fault. Chromecast, whether so called Mark 1 or Mark 2, is absolutely fine.

GerardQ
Contributor
Message 37 of 50

So looking forward to both Champions League and Europa League finals yet at the same time I'm filled with dread that this serious issue happens during one or both finals. Heaven forbid! I wonder if this issue happens when the demand is above the norm. Hope not.

0 Ratings
PhilRuse
Message 38 of 50

Yes, I'm dreading possible problems during the semis & finals! Admit, I thought at first it was a Chromecast issue, especially when I could initially access the site on my laptop last night, but then that stopped working too so it felt like a server issue, and I wonder if their infrsatructure is getting overloaded? When you consider how much money they spent getting the rights to broadcast these games...

0 Ratings
Adrock1
Message 39 of 50

Agree, definitely not a Chromecast issue at all. Can still cast BBC iplayer with no issue. I did notice though that I couldn't see BT sport listed as a "cast able" app on the new Google Cast website. Hope they are not going to discontinue support at the backend...
0 Ratings
GerardQ
Contributor
Message 40 of 50

Good point about the BT Sport app possibly removing integrated support for Chromecast. I didn't realise the formal Chromecast - BT Sport partnership is 2 years old - the partnership was announced 3-Apr-14.

I'll be wathching future updates of the BT Sport app like a hawk to see if BT covertly remove the "cast this" icon top right of the screen! Surely they wouldn't do that.

If casting is removed (although it might not be), then I won't be renewing my subscription for next season.

0 Ratings