Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waterman6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Chromecast icon not appearing

Go to solution

I signed up to BT mobile about 4 months ago and with that I got access to BT Sport 1 via the android app.  I also chose to pay the extra £5 to get access to the 3 other BT Sport Channels.

A few weeks ago I decided to switch my broadband and calls from Virgin to BT in order that I could cast the app to my tv (i have a Chromecast).  However the cast icon is not appearing on the BT Sport app.  It appears on all the other compatible apps - iplayer, youtube, now tv, google photos etc.  I have a Nexus 5 with the latest version of Marshmallow.

Just wondered if anyone has any idea why the cast icon isn't showing up?  Cheers

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 12

Re: Chromecast icon not appearing

Go to solution

Looking at

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49116/~/how-to-stream-through-chromecast-on-the-bt-sp...

To use Chromecast with the BT Sport App you must have BT Sport with BT Broadband, or BT Sport on Sky. You can't use Chromecast with the BT Sport App if you're a BT Mobile customer without BT Broadband or BT Sport on Sky.

So I suspect that the BT Sport account  settings may not have changed from those valid for a BT Mobile (only) which would have been your existing contract. When taking  the new BT Broadband you would be entitled to have the BT Sport offers consistent with being a new broadband customers but I suspect as you already had BT Sport on your account they may not have changed

I'll refer the issue to the moderators for further guidance as to how to proceed.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hi waterman6, 

I would like to take a look and see if I can help with this. Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
aries109
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Has there been a resolution to this issue. I have BTsport App on Samsung S5 Mini. Casting video for other apps works fine but I see no icon for BT sport. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times with no joy.  Please advise.

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Hi aries109,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. Could you check Google Play Services is up to date on your device please? You can do this by clicking here on your android device.

Sport expertColinB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Sport queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice and help, where I can, on BT Sport queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
aries109
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
Yes this is installed with no update outstanding
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Hi aries109,

How do you get access to BT Sport? You'll only be able to use the Chromecast feature if you have BT Sport with BT Broadband or BT Sport on Sky. If you have BT Sport with BT Mobile or an EE package, you won't be able to use Chromecast - there are more details on our help pages.

Sport expertColinB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Sport queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice and help, where I can, on BT Sport queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

I also have a problem with it. Almost every time I go to cast BT Sport there's no cast icon. I then indulge in a couple of minutes' backwardsing and forwardsing amongst the Watch Live options, eventually get to a screen bearing the icon and Bob's your uncle. Whether it's because I've randomly found a sequence that turns the icon on, or because the icon simply takes its time in appearing is anyone's guess.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

An update. The missing icon problem persists and I've been dealing with it as per my previous post, usually with an irritating delay before the icon comes out of hiding.

However, I noticed that when I open the app in the normal way, the screen I was on previously appears, not updated and with no casting icon. So I tried a forced stop of the app before opening it. Success! I've tested it several times and without fail the icon has appeared on opening, whereas opening again without a previous forced stop still leads to a missing icon.

Time will tell whether this is a permanent solution. It's not necessary with other apps that offer casting but BT like to be different.Smiley Sad

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Some weeks later and I'm now convinced that the problem is due to the app not closing properly. Whenever the icon fails to appear, refreshing the app with a forced stop and relaunch brings it up straight away. Everything is up to date on my phone.

Perhaps @ColinB_Sport can offer a comment on this.

--
0 Ratings