Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rustylad
Beginner
Message 11 of 29

Re: Chromecast incessant buffering

Distinguished Guru,

It has been far better this evening, there was some random buffering when i started watching the game at aprox 19:45 this evening, but since then it has been fine.

If it happens again i'll post back with details.

Thanks for replying though!

0 Ratings
rustylad
Beginner
Message 12 of 29

I watched the Hull v Chelsea game earlier on Ultimate and it was faultless.

So hopefully whatever was causing the buffering earlier in the week is now gone.

0 Ratings
Robin
Contributor
Message 13 of 29

Hello,

I, too am having the stuttering problem on Chromecast. So much so that I purchased a third generation CC and this works fine. I also have the exactly the same problem on my Samsung TV. Now, I was persuaded to purchase BT Sports because I was told I could watch it on my Samsung smart TV. This is has proved not to be the case. I would like some help resolving both issues, please. Every other app works perfectly on 1st Gen CC and TV. Come on BT sort it out!

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 29

Hi @Robin 

on Samsung TVs there is a BT Sport App  that is available from the TVs Samsung Store dependent upon the Tv models (typically on models from 2015 onwards).

i am unclear as to whether you have a Samsung Tv that doesn’t have the Bt Sport app or whether the issue is that you have the app but have problem using it  or whether you are using a Chromecast device attached to the Samsung TV.

0 Ratings
Robin
Contributor
Message 15 of 29

Hello zulu17,

My Samsung TV has the bt sport app. It seems to stutter only during live events. Ad breaks and catch-up are fine
0 Ratings
Robin
Contributor
Message 16 of 29

Seen some posts on other forums stating the BT sport app just doesn't work. Why can't BT fix it?

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 17 of 29

@Robin Chromecast is supposed to automatically choose the video quality best suited to the network speed available, however for some people this doesn't seem to work properly resulting in frequent buffering. The logic for all this is written by Google, and isn't something we can directly control. It's also not something we see ourselves, which makes it harder to diagnose.
We'll soon be changing how Chromecast works, which will hopefully fix this issue as well. If it doesn't, it'll at least put us in a better position to properly report the issue to Google for investigation.
In the meantime, I can only apologise for the inconvenience.
0 Ratings
Messi
Beginner
Message 18 of 29

Did you manage to fix the BT Sport issue as it is occurring very often and you posted this reply a month ago.

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 19 of 29

An improvement for some devices will be coming in mid September. It's going to be a while before we can do anything more on the rest.

0 Ratings
GavinDunn
Beginner
Message 20 of 29

Any further update on this issue as stll happening today

0 Ratings