Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Thegas78
Beginner
Message 1 of 21

Chromecast not working with by sport app

So my chromecast works with everything else.
Yet in every device I have the by sport will not cast.
The app opens and plays yet does not cast. It has in the past. The first issue was during community shield when app didn't work at all.
Need this sorting!!! It's football season and the rewason I got bt!!
0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
rallye666
Beginner
Message 2 of 21

Re: Chromecast not working with by sport app

I've just registered to say the same thing is happening with my apple TV since updating the app.

I have a BT fibre broadband but no TV package, so this was my only way to watch BT sport.

I feel cheated as the update was stated as 'bug fixes' and I now cant use the app as I wanted.

The app has obviously been redesigned this way, as sky sports do something similar

Disgraceful way to treat customers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 21

@Thegas78 wrote:
So my chromecast works with everything else.
Yet in every device I have the by sport will not cast.
The app opens and plays yet does not cast. It has in the past. The first issue was during community shield when app didn't work at all.
Need this sorting!!! It's football season and the rewason I got bt!!

I just tried casting using Chromecast  first an IOs device (IPad) and then the Android app (mobile) phone. Didn't have any casting issues 

On Sunday there appears to have  been app issues  but are you contining to have problems casting today ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 21

@rallye666 wrote:

I've just registered to say the same thing is happening with my apple TV since updating the app.

I have a BT fibre broadband but no TV package, so this was my only way to watch BT sport.

I feel cheated as the update was stated as 'bug fixes' and I now cant use the app as I wanted.

The app has obviously been redesigned this way, as sky sports do something similar

Disgraceful way to treat customers

rallye666 - Can I clarify that your problem is with using Airplay  (on Apple TV)  rather that Chromecast  and secondly whether the update at which point  that you experienced the problem was the IOS one this weekend  (2.5.2) or an earlier one.

(there is a  another thread on Apple Airplay issues at

https://community.bt.com/t5/Watching-BT-Sport-via-the-App-or/BT-sport-app-won-t-airplay-to-Apple-tv-...

0 Ratings
rallye666
Beginner
Message 5 of 21

Yep my problem is with airplay on apple tv (from ipad)

I updated the app yesterday (to 2.5.2) and tried to airplay this morning.

I did see that thread, but thought the OP would maybe take a bit of comfort in knowing that its not just Chromecast that appears to have been messed up!

0 Ratings
Thegas78
Beginner
Message 6 of 21

Yes still the same. I have latest update as of yesterday.
It works fine and casts to everything else except by sports. Just comes up in the app playing fine, and on TV it just has the by sport page saying 'ready to watch' choose a video on your device to watch it here.
It says I'm connected to my chromecast also.
So it has to be bt sports as everything else works perfectly as normal and no other issues.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 21

I briefly tried  this afternoon... (not a regular user of Airplay for BT Sport as I have other options)  and it seemed only to show on Apple TV when I set mirroring option on Airplay. Not ideal due to picture size but it it did plauy on the tv.

0 Ratings
rallye666
Beginner
Message 8 of 21

Yep my mirroring works as well, but I'd rather just watch it on the ipad due to the small picture and poor quality on the TV!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 21

@Thegas78 wrote:
Yes still the same. I have latest update as of yesterday.
It works fine and casts to everything else except by sports. Just comes up in the app playing fine, and on TV it just has the by sport page saying 'ready to watch' choose a video on your device to watch it here.
It says I'm connected to my chromecast also.
So it has to be bt sports as everything else works perfectly as normal and no other issues.

One thing to try - in that scenario -  try changing to another live channel.

I I have ocasionally noticed that the first live channel I select doesn't cast  (ie stays ready to watch on TV) but if I simply change channel (to another live feed) whilst the chromecast is still connected  it does , Assumingthat channel casts OK I can then change back to my original channel choice and it casts OK.

0 Ratings
cook0891
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 21

I watch through sports app as only mobile customer. Last season could stream fine but tried last night and nothing, no chromecast button to stream.

Rang and they said only working on mac book and ipad!! Though when I googled it found this....

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49116/~/how-to-stream-through-chromecast-on-the-bt-sp...

Looks they have changed it, must have BT broadband or BT sports on Sky. Not happy!!!

0 Ratings