cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SJF7
Beginner
Message 11 of 21

Re: Chromecast not working with by sport app

I just received an update from BT Sport. The version is 2.6.1. and the date is 5th August. Does anyone know if this version corrects the current Chromecast issue that is reported in this thread?

0 Ratings
Thegas78
Beginner
Message 12 of 21

The latest update I have ( iPhone 6 ) is 3rd August 2.5.2 , no other updates as of yet and still not working. Tried the live channel switch too and made no difference either. It's start of football season and bt are shockingly bad!!!
0 Ratings
SJF7
Beginner
Message 13 of 21

I still have version 2.4.0 as l don't trust most updates and are manually downloaded! The 2.0.4 is fine apart from occasional buffering so no need to update yet. I'll wait until l know one way or the other regarding 2.6.1!

On a separate note regarding buffering, l also have the Now TV on my tablet and the picture via Chromecast rarely buffers!

0 Ratings
MarkEFC
Message 14 of 21

Having a similar problem. Chromecast works fine with YouTube via iPhone or iPad, and BT Sport logs in and will play live sports on both devices. However when I click the button to cast, it brings up the 'connecting to Mark's Chromecast' window and it just stays like that, forever. I've done a factory reset to the Chromecast as well as uninstalling and reinstalling both the Chromecast and BT Sport apps on the iPad to no avail. Ligue Un starts tonight 😞

0 Ratings
SJF7
Beginner
Message 15 of 21

Why don't you use the cast screen on your Chromecast app? Admittedly, the PQ is not as good as casting to the dongle but it's okay.

0 Ratings
Thegas78
Beginner
Message 16 of 21

Exactly that. It's not as good and also that's not what I'm paying for. I'm paying for ultra and normal hd.
So yeh I can get it working like that but it's not quite good enough but thanks for the help anyway at least I can view something.
0 Ratings
Mickey_Roon
Beginner
Message 17 of 21

Was this issue resolved. I'm getting the same issue, I am able to cast youtube, netflix, and pre-recorded videos from the BT Sport App but I am unable to cast live channels.

Called BT they said it was an issue with chromecast and decoding encrypted content. Is that right?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 21

That explanation that Mickey_Roon was given seems unlikely.

I have used Chromecast to cast from BT Sport IOS (IPAD) app the past two evenings - good quality 

As I mentioned in an earlier post -

I have ocasionally noticed that the first live channel I select doesn't cast  (ie stays ready to watch on TV) but if I simply change channel (to another live feed) whilst the chromecast is still connected  it does , Assuming that channel casts OK I can then change back to my original channel choice and it casts OK. 

0 Ratings
MarkEFC
Message 19 of 21

Still not working. Mine won't even cast pre-recorded BT videos - it just stays on the 'connecting to Mark's Chromecast' window. No idea what else I can do (as already mentioned, have un/reinstalled both apps on both devices as well as starting the Chromecast again from a factory reset)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 21

What home  hub are you using -- is it set to Smart Setup - on or off

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51728/~/problems-using-chromecast-with-the-bt-home-hu...

0 Ratings