cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Chromecast sound noticeably behind video!

The sound is always a good 5-6 behind the video when watching via Chromecast. I only watch live football on this, it works perfectly on the bt sport app when watching and everything else (YouTube, Netflix, prime, etc) Chromecasts perfectly except for this.

This has been going on for a couple of weeks now. I have tried multiple Chromecasts at my house and also tried them at a family members house and still get the sound delay/being out of sync. I have also tried casting it off another family members phone and still ends up out of sync, I have tried everything to fix and still had no luck!

Tags (4)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Chromecast sound noticeably behind video!

Grrr that's frustrating. We fixed it earlier in the week, but it sounds like something has broken again.
We'll get it fixed again ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Message 3 of 11

Can you please let me know which channel, and whether you're using an iPhone or Android to start the stream? I've just checked and can't see any issues.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

its always bt sport 1 and I'm on Android, also tried it on another android phone as well. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Strange that I'm not seeing it.
Near the top right corner, do you see a solid white rectangle, or a white rectangle with a clear circle inside?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

It is a solid rectangle

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Sorry, but we're totally confused by this one.  It's working perfectly for everyone in the team - we've tested across a number of different devices at different locations.

Is this issue still happening for you?  Can you please confirm which Chromecast model you're using?  Also, could you please send me a DM with the BT ID that you're logged in with, in case there's anything useful in our logs.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

I've just posted on another thread regarding this . I've noticed for over a week now that the sound is way behind the actual live footage .   This is streaming from my phone ( EE) via chromecast and happens only on the BT app . 

Ended up switching the sound off last night as it was so frustrating seeing goals bring scored and commentary at least 5 seconds afterwards! 

Will this be fixed soon ?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Please see my message just above and on the other thread @Brumod - if you could please confirm it's still happening now, and provide details, it would really help.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

I'll check once I'm home from work later tonight and let you know .

0 Ratings