cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brads42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 83

Re: Chromecast sound problem ADVERTS!

Chromecast firmware 1.36.140335 , 3rd gen. Always happens during adverts, never happens during games.

0 Ratings
kaize
Beginner
Message 12 of 83

Hi James. Chromecast 2nd generation. See above posts that's affecting more users. Chromecast firmware: 1.36.140318. This is affecting your sponsors which should be a big deal as they are currently unaware. Only on adverts!
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 13 of 83

Thx for this info folks - we're checking this out and will post back when we get to the bottom of what's going on

Community ModeratorJamesD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Sport queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice and help, where I can, on BT Sport queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
timbo1963
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 83

Yeah same problem here too
0 Ratings
TheRealBudski
Contributor
Message 15 of 83

1.36.140318 firmware version here  

Only heard them during the football. Last nights FA cup game (Tranmere v Spurs) was especially bad. Again only during the advertising. 

Watched some of the live Australia cricket about 5:30 and don’t remember any noise but then again the adverts are brief and only between overs

0 Ratings
be11aml
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 83

Same problem for me, only notice it on adverts. BT Sport is the only app that I have noticed doing this.

Chrome cast v2
Firmware 1.36.140318
0 Ratings
sidonaldson
Message 17 of 83

Hi guys I have this as well.
To help with analysis...
It doesn't affect any live part of the stream or the BT Sport intro and outtro videos. It happens during the advert breaks whilst the ads play. It occurs in the middle of ads not necessarily as they change. It happens sporadically but consistently during every advert break. There is no visible effect on the screen.
My guess is it's a sound compression issue. The adverts will probably have a lower or variable bitrate and the stream is glitching, either that or the sync is going momentarily lagging.
The reason it's so bad is it's very high volume compared to the standard sound level so hurts the ears!
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 83

@sidonaldson wrote:
It doesn't affect any live part of the stream or the BT Sport intro and outtro videos. It happens during the advert breaks whilst the ads play. It occurs in the middle of ads not necessarily as they change. It happens sporadically but consistently during every advert break. There is no visible effect on the screen.

My experience might help with @JamesD_Sport's investigation because I use two TVs with different Chromecasts. The 1st gen (like a memory stick) with firmware version 1.32.141268 is fine while the 2nd gen (a disc and strap) with v1.36.140318 behaves as described above. None of the other contributors have specified an issue with a 1st gen model, so it looks likely that the problem lies with the later one.

(For what it's worth, I have another issue with the 2nd gen model in that it suddenly refused to work on one of the TVs; the older one is happy with either.)

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
PapaG
Beginner
Message 19 of 83

To add to this, I have a set up in my living room, which is a Chromecast Ultra connected via an AV receiver to the TV and another setup in the bedroom, which is standard Chromecast 2nd Gen/1080p connected directly to the TV HDMI ... the white noise is evident on both set ups, but only during the adverts. During live streaming audio is fine!
0 Ratings
benshaw627
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 83

been having this issue for around 6 weeks, a fix would be for bt to mute the adverts, Im worried it will blow my surround speakers as at first I thoughts that is what happened but when I watched a game following it happening the first time it was apparent it is only a problem during adverts. Only watched football so do not know if it happens in any other sport.
0 Ratings