cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brads42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 83

Re: Chromecast sound problem ADVERTS!

Same as above, not looking like HD to me now. Noise has gone , think I’d prefer a better picture though.

0 Ratings
GF1
Beginner
Message 32 of 83

Same problem here too. Sound is now working but it looks like frame rate has changed. Please can someone look into as it is not good watching football like this. Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
benshaw627
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 83

it looks awful with any motion processing on, make sure you turn this off on your tv if your getting the issue where the ball seems to flash or dissapear but I think were have to wait until Monday before they fix it.
0 Ratings
timbo1963
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 83

I’ve got a solid white square in the top right of my tv screen, was a outline of an oblong before! Picture quality definitely not as good too.
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 35 of 83

We're investigating this drop in picture quality on chromecast- we may have to temporarily turn back on the Ad Insertion whilst we get that resolved.

Community ModeratorJamesD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Sport queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice and help, where I can, on BT Sport queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 36 of 83

Latest update: Google have found the problem - it's with their software audio decoder. They're going to provide us with a build to test with ASAP but the final fix will have to be part of a platform release (i.e. firmware release). The eta for that 4-6 wks.

In the meanwhile we're looking at ways to address the degraded video quality which is caused by a combination of a 5MB bitrate cap that standard Chromecasts have (not the Chromecast Ultra) and a difference between the advertised bitrate of our normal & ad-substituted streams at around the 5MB mark.

Apologies folks - we're getting there...

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Sport queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice and help, where I can, on BT Sport queries. Go here for more info.
timbo1963
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 83

Good news thanks! Do you get a better picture with a chromecast ultra with a 4K tv?
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 38 of 83

Yep - Chromecast Ultra should go all the way up to the 6.5Mbps 1080p @ 50fps stream if your broadband is up to it.

That's our top bitrate at the moment - but the Ultra will future-proof you for any additional/even higher quality stuff that may be introduced e.g. 4k & HDR

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
kaize
Beginner
Message 39 of 83

Hi James. The problem is there today. Wasn't their a temporary solution put in place. It was horrendous for today's game.
0 Ratings
timbo1963
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 83

Yeah same here. Had to mute the ads before it made my ears bleed
0 Ratings