cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Captmarsh
Beginner
Message 51 of 83

Re: Chromecast sound problem ADVERTS!

There are a couple of things I am still confused about with this issue.
My Chromecast works perfectly with EVERY other app EXCEPT BT SPORT so why is this a Chromecast issue requiring a firmware update and not a BT SPORT app issue?
Why are BT Sport the only app I use that CHARGES for the casting ability?
When will BT SPORT ever accept any responsibility for anything especially being as they are the ones charging us to cast their app?
0 Ratings
Dashwoodc
Message 52 of 83

Just registered in this community to add my voice to how infuriating this noise is. BT please fix ASAP. This is a BT sport app issue as this doesn’t happen on anything else I chromecast
0 Ratings
benshaw627
Aspiring Contributor
Message 53 of 83

Just because it only happens on bt sport does not mean that the issue is bt, the fix will apparently come with a firmware update on the chromecast which suggests it is Google’s end, the problem we have is that if it’s just BT sport that is causing the issue then google are not going to be in any rush to push out the firmware update. I’m not sure what percentage of people with chromecast use bt sport probably a large percentage of the uk users but it’s probably a low percentage when you consider the worldwide users and the firmware update will be pushed out worldwide. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Taylor1874
Message 54 of 83

By the sounds of it having read the thread...it used to work fine, BT made changes and now it doesn't. That's Google's fault though 😕

Just a shame BT have the Champions League or I wouldn't have to bother with them at all. For the price, the now tv sports package is streets ahead in terms of content
0 Ratings
timbo1963
Aspiring Contributor
Message 55 of 83

Yeah this is annoying to say the least but a fix is on the way. I have Sky Sports through NowTV and it is great.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 56 of 83

@Dashwoodc wrote:
This is a BT sport app issue as this doesn’t happen on anything else I chromecast

How then do you explain that it doesn't happen with the first generation Chromecast (looks like a memory stick)?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
narabdela
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 83

That's certainly an interesting point pottyperson, but I'm afraid that I don't approve of rep begging.

0 Ratings
Andygoz
Contributor
Message 58 of 83

I also have this chromecast adverts sound problem.

It doesn't occur with any other app or use of the chromecast at all.

Its incredibly specific to ad breaks, as others have mentioned I have to go through the frankly ridiculous process of muting the ad break volume each time.

get it sorted.
0 Ratings
Captmarsh
Beginner
Message 59 of 83

The reason it doesn't affect the first gen Chromecast is simply because it is a different device.
The issue does exist and is specific to the BT sport app.
I could live with it if I wasn't being charged every month by BT just for the option to cast. I'd be pretty angry too if I was one of the advertisers paying good money for these adverts.
My experience with BT as a whole over the last 10 years is their inability to take any responsibility for anything and their uncanny knack of putting the blame elsewhere.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 60 of 83

@Captmarsh wrote:
The issue does exist and is specific to the BT sport app.

No, it's specific to the second gen Chromecast. Have a look at Messages 28, 36 & 45 above for enlightenment.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings