Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redsmurf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 83

Chromecast sound problem ADVERTS!

Hi,

Recently been experiencing sound problems with the BT App using Chromecast. What happens is there is a short burst of loud white noise lasting about 0.5secs. This is then repeated after about 10 seconds ad infinitum. To stop it I need to reboot the chromecast and start the cast again. The odd thing is it is fine while watching football, I can watch the whole half non-stop no problems at all. As soon as the first advert comes on the burst starts making it impossible to watch without being irritated. I then reboot, if I don't watch any adverts it is fine, first advert comes on, bingo, the sound disruption happens.

Hope you can sort this,

Alex

0 Ratings
82 REPLIES 82
Message 2 of 83

Re: Chromecast sound problem ADVERTS!

@redsmurf do you have the full dynamic range setting on in Chromecast? If so can you try turning it off to see if that helps? 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
redsmurf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 83

NeilO no I don't have the full dynamic range setting on my chromecast. I have checked with the Home app and there is no settings for sound at all. So, what I did was I bought a new chromecast thinking it was a problem due to age and guess what ... first advert that comes on the noise burst happens. I'm surprised no-one else has the same problem.

0 Ratings
Brads42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 83

Hi there, just registered here with exactly the same issue. No dynamic sound setting on my new chromecast. 

Very annoying noise during the ads.

Didn't happen with my original chromecast, I now have the 3rd edition.

0 Ratings
Brads42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 83

Still happening here. No issues watching the app itself on iPad, no issues casting any other app, only watching BTSport on TV via chromecast and only during the ads. Short recurring bursts of white noise, very annoying.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Coffeehair
Beginner
Message 6 of 83

Same problem. This noise is horrendous. Have an original Chromecast and the new, happens at both my residence and at work. Only occurs during adverts (which there are a LOT of when watching sport). Surprised your advertisers haven't complained.
0 Ratings
kaize
Beginner
Message 7 of 83

Hi Please fix this issue.

I have this issue aswell while adverts are playing before during and after football matches.  Short sharp loud noises. Looking on twitter and on here this seems to be a problem.

Please respond appropirately and like the posters have mentioned im surprised your sponsors and advertisers have not complained about this.

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 8 of 83

Hi @kaize

Can you confirm what chromecast model & firmware version you're on? See here for where to find that info

How reproducible is it - does it ever not happen for adbreaks when watching a live football match?

Thanks

Community ModeratorJamesD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Sport queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice and help, where I can, on BT Sport queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
redsmurf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 83

JamesD,

My chromecast has firmware version 1.36.140335 I guess it is 2nd gen.

It is very reproducable i.e. always happens on adverts, never on football.

Alex

0 Ratings
Coffeehair
Beginner
Message 10 of 83

1.36.140318 firmware version here. As above and to reiterate, only on adverts never during a live show.
0 Ratings