cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Captmarsh
Beginner
Message 61 of 83

Re: Chromecast sound problem ADVERTS!

It is indeed specific to the 2nd gen Chromecast and more specifically to the BT Sport App on the 2nd Gen Chromecast.
I don't understand how you feel it is I that needs enlightenment when it is clearly you that fails to grasp the actual facts.

The problem is ONLY with the BT App on the 2nd Gen Chromecast - NOT with ANY OTHER App.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck, the chances are that it probably is a duck don't you think?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 62 of 83

@Captmarsh wrote:
The problem is ONLY with the BT App on the 2nd Gen Chromecast - NOT with ANY OTHER App.

So there's a fault with either BT's app or Google's Chromecast. Message 36 above says, "Latest update: Google have found the problem - it's with their software audio decoder."  QED.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 63 of 83

Hi Captmarsh - to answer your questions:

- We raised the issue with Google and they have told us it's a bug their end that will require a firmware update on their side. Unfortunately they don't have updates very frequently but have told us they're working on a fix to go in asap. We believe we've found a fix that works in the short-term so hopefully you don't experience this issue for this week's Champions League games!

- re. paying for casting - I assume you are an EE or BT Mobile customer? If you have BT Sport with BT Broadband or have it as part of a BT Sport on Sky package then casting is included for free. But I'm afraid with the price you pay with EE or BT Mobile for BT Sport we aren't able to allow casting.

And just to be clear that we aren't alone in this restriction - the Sky Go app does not allow casting, and the Now TV Sky Sport mobile month pass similarly does not allow casting.

I hope that answers your questions - happy to take any others.

Community ModeratorKitH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Sport queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice and help, where I can, on BT Sport queries. Go here for more info.
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 64 of 83

Hi Dashwoodc,

Sorry for the poor experience you've had of late. When we raised the bug with Google they told us it's an issue their side which would require a firmware update. We are pushing them for when that can go in. We are hoping to have a short term fix in today in time for big UCL games, while we push Google for a proper fix.

Community ModeratorKitH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Sport queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice and help, where I can, on BT Sport queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 65 of 83

Hi Ben - spot on. We wish we had more control of Google updates! We hope to have a short term fix in for today's games while we wait on Google.

Community ModeratorKitH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 66 of 83

Hi Taylor1874

Sorry for the poor experience you've had of late. When we raised the bug with Google they told us it's an issue their side which would require a firmware update. We are pushing them for when that can go in. We are hoping to have a short term fix in today in time for big UCL games, while we push Google for a proper fix.

We update our app regularly to improve customer experience with new features and greater stability, and test it thoroughly, but very occasionally updates can cause problems with some of our partner devices. However, on this occasion Google have said it's something their side to sort the issue long term.

Community ModeratorKitH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 67 of 83

Hi Andygoz,

Sorry you've had a bad experience of late during ad breaks. This is an issue that we're pushing Google to fix on their firmware but hope to have a short term workaround in place in time for tonight's game so you can enjoy without the irritation of having to mute ad breaks.

Community ModeratorKitH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 68 of 83

We hope you should now enjoy a full HD picture and no white noise tonight.
Community ModeratorKitH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Pdavids
Message 69 of 83

Working ok for me tonight. Thanks
0 Ratings
timbo1963
Aspiring Contributor
Message 70 of 83

Evening all, seems ok now the white noise isn’t there. Just one question which has been asked before but I can’t find it. I’ve got an LG 4K tv using a chromecast round dongle. The picture is pretty good but I’m wondering if I should have got a chromecast ultra? Will the picture be even better or should I not bother?
0 Ratings