cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Community Shield - HDR was an option, what package do i have?

Firstly I have read the other thread about 1080HDR, 4KHDR, UHD and what the hell do you get on BT Sport Ultimate, I am still non the wiser.

I just have this question:

On Sunday I open up the BT SPORT app on my Samsung TV and the option to watch the community shield Liverpool v Man City in HDR was there, when I watched that channel BT SPORT ULTIMATE was displayed in the bottom left of the live picture.  When I selected the BT SPORT1 HD channel I just got BT SPORT HD in the bottom left. 

What does the above mean?  Does my pack include 4K/UHD or is HDR ( I assume it was 1080 HDR) free for those with BT Sport HD?

I don't use the BTTV STB for reasons I don't need to explain!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Community Shield - HDR was an option, what package do i have?

easy way would be use the MyBt app or login to myBt and select the Package  button

that will give a overview of your package.

At a guess you are probably on Tv max or Total Entertainment package but MyBT will tell you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Okay will do but was the match a 4k/UHD/HDR freebie like the champions league final????
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Included with certain BT TV and EE top tier subscriptions rather than free , quality you get would be depend on what you watch in upon. So not 4K on that device on Sunday.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

So the app on my Samsung TV whilst saying BT SPORT ULTIMATE is in fact just 1080 HDR.  I also have an Apple 4K TV, would that be worth plugging in to my 4K TV to get 4K.

To be honest I am not surprised that BT have managed to confuse something that should be easy to understand they have a long old history of being able to do that.

Why don't they stick to SD, HD, and 4K labels not BT SPORT ULTMATE which means nothing!!!!